The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Current Edinburgh Students Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Re how to write in the script book: My department this year requested (both in person as well as typed on the question booklet) that we double line space our answers. Pretty unusual, but I guess it makes it easier to mark around the text...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by daeonica
That seems really strange, that it would say only write on one side. I wonder why?

I can imagine it might have to do with making it neater. If you write on both sides the ink disturbs the paper and goes through? :dontknow: :s-smilie:
Original post by ipulledhermione

Original post by ipulledhermione
Some are some don't.

My philosophy one said only write on the right side of each page but I looked around the room and no one had given a feck and was writing ferociously on both sides just like me :s-smilie:

You don't actually go to Edinburgh though, do you?
Glasgow might have different rules.
Original post by oxymoronic
You don't actually go to Edinburgh though, do you?
Glasgow might have different rules.

i've sat exams in Edinburgh too :teehee:

But yeah these were in Glasgow exams. And you can't leave in the first hour or the last half hour and you can't eat or nuffink :dontknow:

I ate a sandwhich during adv higher chemistry exam. It was yummmaaay.
A girl in front of me in an exam recently took out her iPod and started to listen to it.

The invigilator did dick all, I swear they can be as thick ad a bag of hammers. She could been listening to almost anything - lectures, tutorials or... Nickleback!

I was tempted to say something, but the exam was OK, and if she can get away with it, good for her.

Plus she was really hot...
Original post by StephenNeill
A girl in front of me in an exam recently took out her iPod and started to listen to it.

The invigilator did dick all, I swear they can be as thick ad a bag of hammers. She could been listening to almost anything - lectures, tutorials or... Nickleback!

I was tempted to say something, but the exam was OK, and if she can get away with it, good for her.

Plus she was really hot...

Sounds like you missed a perfect opportunity for blackmail :sexface:
Original post by lizfairy
I looked hard and didn't seen libertus, but guessed the same anyway. I'm sure they didn't all have to say it, just it would have been reassuring. No, unfortunately I still have two. Italian (which should be fine) and history of art (less fine). A year of study and I feel I learn't more in the last month, studying by myself. The lecture slides are very bare, and whilst I know all the key images and have done quite a few readings, my general contextual knowledge is seriously lacking. I have 6 days to cram.

Wait whaaaat? Italian?!
Original post by .:aimee:.
Wait whaaaat? Italian?!

Don't panic, I missed my oral because I was ill and they rearranged it for me, so I guess it's just me!
Original post by lizfairy
Don't panic, I missed my oral because I was ill and they rearranged it for me, so I guess it's just me!

Oh thank god. :P I was starting to worry I'd completely blanked something out!
Reply 1209
Has anyone done Economics 2? Just wondering if it's worth taking as an outside course next year as I did EPA this year but it's not enough to continue with in second year so I would have to study Econ 1a and take a test in Fresher's week if I wanted to do it. :smile:
Anyone in the library? So... bored...
Original post by xCBRx
Has anyone done Economics 2? Just wondering if it's worth taking as an outside course next year as I did EPA this year but it's not enough to continue with in second year so I would have to study Econ 1a and take a test in Fresher's week if I wanted to do it. :smile:
I did Economics 1A and 2 but not EPA. Economics 2 is very dry with a lot of maths - sucked all the life out of the subject for me to the point I was glad I didn't have to take it in 3rd/4th years. No idea about the EPA->Economics 2 situation mind.
Exam in 45 minutes. Only two left after that. I can almost taste the freedom. This good, seeing as how I've pretty much lost all motivation to revise.
Reply 1213
Original post by ninja-lewis
I did Economics 1A and 2 but not EPA. Economics 2 is very dry with a lot of maths - sucked all the life out of the subject for me to the point I was glad I didn't have to take it in 3rd/4th years. No idea about the EPA->Economics 2 situation mind.

It did say that you need at least a B in AH Maths or A-level. Did you do either of these and how difficult is the maths in Econ 2 compared to it?
Original post by xCBRx
It did say that you need at least a B in AH Maths or A-level. Did you do either of these and how difficult is the maths in Econ 2 compared to it?
I did AH Maths but never bothered once I had the unconditional offers - I had done Economics 1A in 1st year. It's probably about the same level.
Philosophy just there... was... alright. First part was fine, but the second... such strangely worded questions. Never seen anything at all like that in a past paper. Plz2b straightforward next time gais.
Reply 1216
I'M FREE! :dance:

well, until September.. Or August if I fail.. Which I don't think I should have, so it's good. Oh, and I'm off to work in an hour so not really free..
Now I understand what Mel Gibson was on about...

FREEEEDOM! :biggrin:
Arrived by email today:

"With regard to publishing degree classifications & exam results:

- A hardcopy of your degree classification will be posted on the noticeboards at 60 George Square from 9am on Friday 3rd June."

Argh! *bites finger nails in an angsty way*
Original post by nearlyheadlessian

Original post by nearlyheadlessian
- A hardcopy of your degree classification will be posted on the noticeboards at 60 George Square from 9am on Friday 3rd June."

You'll be fine!! They came up on MyEd a few days later :smile:

We weren't told the date they came out in advance, I think an email was just sent out saying "results will be released tomorrow/today at 3pm on the noticeboard" but I can't remember as I wasn't in the country to go and check anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending