Harry Potter- Good or Evil Watch

This discussion is closed.
cleo812
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I believe that the Harry Potter Series is one of the works that I have personally ever read. I am such a fan that I periodically make sreaches for new and fun web sites. During many of my searches I have found sites by Christians stating that Harry Potter is evil. What is more evil, Nazi book burners ho hate the thought of children reading good books or all the books being tossed out because of a story line. The Harry Potter series is not about witch craft it's about a boy that has and continues to survive through the normal trials and tribulations of every day life. As well as a great story line that just happens to be about a magical world. If you think about it, isn't the whole god and devil thing sort of the same thing. God makes people better got Mary pregnant without sex and Jesus kept coming back to life? Now I am not trying to say Christians are bad just maybe, a little mis-guided about Harry Potter.
Golz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Harry Potter is not evil. He is good. Don't that christians people know that Voldemort is evil and Harry is good.
cleo812
(Original post by Golz)
Harry Potter is not evil. He is good. Don't that christians people know that Voldemort is evil and Harry is good.
Exactly my piont have you found these sites yourself?
Golz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cleo812)
Exactly my piont have you found these sites yourself?

what do you mean found sites because i just said whats been happening in the books. What do you mean by sites
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Harry potter is evil.
cleo812
(Original post by Golz)
what do you mean found sites because i just said whats been happening in the books. What do you mean by sites
What I mean is that if you went on a search for harry potter that you would amgonst fan sites, you would find by clicking on some sites these christain sites saying that hate harry potter books and say thay are evil
http://publishing.about.com/library/weekly/aa101599.htm
http://www.str.org/free/commentaries...s/hapotter.htm
http://www.fillthevoid.org/Children/HarryPotter.html
This last one is the one that perked my curiousity to this I had bits about it before but I din't know they had a web site.Talk about recruting for an occult. check it out the top two are articles about the issue and the last one is an actual site for those of you that hate harry potter you probably belong.
cleo812
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Harry potter is evil.
I can't remember have you read the series Lord Huntroyde? Maybe you should if you haven't, Harry Potter isn't evil he isn't even real. People love the series because he's famous under dog in one world and the miscreant in another. Harry Potter has survived sooooo much there's a little piece of Harry in all of us it's really not so much about magic as it is over coming your fears and continueing on in the face disaster and heart break. At least that is my opinion and I haven't the time to go through it all right now I need more coffee . Anyways HArry Potter is not evil just a confused child that will never have chance to play like a child but be an adult all his life because fate has somehow chosen him to bear the weight that even an adult shouldn't have to go though. You don't have to love Harry Potter just love that children and adults have found a common ground and everyone is reading something.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*laughs out loud*
I like the backing music to that site

Is Harry Potter really a hero when he has gone against everything that God has forbidden? No, of course not! Seducing spirits are seeking to harm innocent children just as the Bible warned us about in 1 Timothy 4:1. This book takes a child into the dark world of satanic deception as Harry Potter attends "The Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry".
Ah...if nothing else, these sites provide some amusing reading. *chuckles*
cleo812
(Original post by Egan1)
*laughs out loud*
I like the backing music to that site

Ah...if nothing else, these sites provide some amusing reading. *chuckles*
Yes, sad to say it's actually a good web site put together well if only the content didn't s**k well I guess it's all opinion on what you do or do not like
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cleo812)
I can't remember have you read the series Lord Huntroyde?
Lord Huntroyde has read the series, he said so in the Ultimate Discussion.

Anyhow, not all Christians think that Harry Potter is evil. It depends on what your church teaches you. But HP became very controversial because of the issue/comments that these Christians-who-believe-that-HP-is-evil raised. My friend's mom actually burned my friends' HP books because of that thinking.

I'm a Catholic, though, and I don't think HP is evil, and our church doesn't tell us not to read it either.
*Amy*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Isn't it all, in the big scheme of things, about good trying to overcome the evil? Surely, if the people making these sites had opened their eyes, they would have seen this? :rolleyes:
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Harry Potter is evil...evil i tell you....down with harry potter and the physological wand or whatever it is called......lol
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Amy*)
Isn't it all, in the big scheme of things, about good trying to overcome the evil? Surely, if the people making these sites had opened their eyes, they would have seen this? :rolleyes:
Oh, so so true
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Harry Potter is evil...evil i tell you....down with harry potter and the physological wand or whatever it is called......lol
Harry Potter is good...good i tell you! LoL
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I fail to see what is so good about a totally unbelieveable film that is designed for kids - i know adults who love it and buy all the books. Absolute load of rubbish - in fact i hate it - if only that stupid little actor was here i'll give him a piece of my mind........rant rant rant rant.....harry potter sucks.....

lol i feel much better now!
smileoftheyear
Report 15 years ago
Harry is evil! have you seen his squinty eyes?
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I fail to see what is so good about a totally unbelieveable film that is designed for kids - i know adults who love it and buy all the books. Absolute load of rubbish - in fact i hate it - if only that stupid little actor was here i'll give him a piece of my mind........rant rant rant rant.....harry potter sucks.....

lol i feel much better now!
There's clearly an enormous difference between the books and the films.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
There's clearly an enormous difference between the books and the films.
Yes the books and the film are different but are both completely and utterly rubbish to the extent that liking harry potter should be illegal! I also know lots of adults who really like the film.

I like to think of the HP craze as being a deadly virus which i thankfully am completely immune to.
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Yes the books and the film are different but are both completely and utterly rubbish to the extent that liking harry potter should be illegal! I also know lots of adults who really like the film.

I like to think of the HP craze as being a deadly virus which i thankfully am completely immune to.
have you read the book?
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ladyblitzer)
have you read the book?
no...oh no...and please dont say i would like it because i know i definately wont - the thought of even reading it disgusts me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads