official goth society Watch

Bowie88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kavanne)
Not going to Oxbridge isn't the end of the world...

-Kavanne
exactly, even though i want to go to cambridge to study architecture.
Kavanne what did u get in ur gcses?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kavanne)
Not going to Oxbridge isn't the end of the world...

-Kavanne
It is :eek:
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bowie88)
exactly, even though i want to go to cambridge to study architecture.
Kavanne what did u get in ur gcses?
5A*, 4A, B, C

-Kavanne
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eak :eek: I have been deleted...must get active.
Anyone like Staind? Their new album 'chapter IV' is coming out in september :cool:
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
:: cough :: evanenesnce cant sing a note with out help...

lmao

nightwish tho i have seen live

VERY close hehehe got some awesum pics on my camera phone no less

i wish i could of gone to download
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Amy Lee was amazing at Wembley! She has a great voice in my opinion
Granted the bloke that tried to take the place of Paul McCoy in 'bring me to life' sucked...
Nightwish are great, but i keep missing the chance to see them live for some reason or another. I heard they were placing in september though? Is it the Astoria does anyone know?
Brown Eyed Girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes she has a great voice... with a lil computer enhancement

yeah they should really call the lead singer of 12 stones back for that song...
tktaylor6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Amy Lee!! god this list, "goths" huh? i have seen no mention of actual good true bands. does nobody listen to old mans child or morbid angel and emporor, cannibal corpse, hate eternal or usurper. i see nobody even listenin to actual GOTH music, just a bunch of pretentious fools who bought some lippy hang out with other people who own a guitar at the local park feeling you belong to something and now you have a name for yourselfs.."goths" jesus. buy a decent metal band get and get some self resepect
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think i have mentioned before i don't listen to goth music.

and i don't listen to amy lee...

i dress traditional goth. and rarely wear "lippy"
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tktaylor6)
Amy Lee!! god this list, "goths" huh? i have seen no mention of actual good true bands. does nobody listen to old mans child or morbid angel and emporor, cannibal corpse, hate eternal or usurper. i see nobody even listenin to actual GOTH music, just a bunch of pretentious fools who bought some lippy hang out with other people who own a guitar at the local park feeling you belong to something and now you have a name for yourselfs.."goths" jesus. buy a decent metal band get and get some self resepect
I like some old thrash metal bands but all kinds of metal/rock/nu metal too.
Just because i like Amy Lee doesn't make me any less or more 'goth'
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
yes she has a great voice... with a lil computer enhancement

yeah they should really call the lead singer of 12 stones back for that song...
She was good live, even if she did have backing lol... And they really should, the other guy made me laugh.
tktaylor6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i just think really peopel who label themselves goths claim to be individual, but you cant really, just listen to good tunes whatever you like, and dress however you like, i dont like the labeling myself and the fact that there is a goth society, and all this anti chav etc, if we didnt spend so much time deciding we had to be in a group we would prob get along a bit better. half my mates are metalheads and half are rappers, and a few into classical, i like everything to be honest but the sterotypical "goth" does annoy me i must admit in the same was a "chav" does
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tktaylor6)
i just think really peopel who label themselves goths claim to be individual, but you cant really, just listen to good tunes whatever you like, and dress however you like, i dont like the labeling myself and the fact that there is a goth society, and all this anti chav etc, if we didnt spend so much time deciding we had to be in a group we would prob get along a bit better. half my mates are metalheads and half are rappers, and a few into classical, i like everything to be honest but the sterotypical "goth" does annoy me i must admit in the same was a "chav" does
I am not a goth, but I accept that people may think the music I listen to to be goth.

-Kavanne
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i get called goth by every one simply because i dres trad goth. my music style is more metal head. im called a mad metal head by all my mates in town... even when im standing there in a full length velvet skirt.

my friend vary in ever style of music from dance to pop rock stuf to goth and metal. the club i got to is know as a goth club by the people who visit. but only one room is goth really i think. i'm not sure.. as me and my metal head tastes.. i remain in the metal room.

most people don't group them selves but are grouped by others... mind you walking down the street ive had comments varying from goth to superman... (yeah superman... hmm last time i checked.. i was female.. i wasn't wearing my pants on the outside and my cloack was black)

i've had this conversation with people going on about your not goth cause you don't listen to the music, but as you said to groups really matter? not really... not to every one.. so if groups don't matter to you... ignore people who group you. or you could just talk to people and forget the whole grouping thing is there.

and the cahv thing... if you met half the complete and utter morons in my area that pass for "chavs" as they call them selves, there is total reason for people not to like them... or maybye the craze of happy slapping may put you off them.
hk_1_kinobi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol this is great! But unfortunately I'm not a goth, my parents won't let me be one One of my best friends would love this society But she's not a member of this forum. I think she might be a member of a similar forum tho, hmm might ask her.
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i was good. my mum is one... but that leads to the problem of when my clothes go missing it tends to be my mum. luckily as she is suchs a short kit my skirts don't fit
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I like nightwish, lacuna coil and evanescence. Does that make me a member? :confused:
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
I like nightwish, lacuna coil and evanescence. Does that make me a member? :confused:
No, just weird

*rimshot*

Sorry!
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ohhhhhhhhhh god.....

i hate these stereotypes.

goth is just a stereotype, chav and punk are exactly the same...in fact all are.

the fact is that everyone is different and what they choose to be like and look like shouldnt stereotype them into a group.

But with that said, if you had to be stereotyped, i definatly would be a 'goth'.

but nevermind....i think stereotyping rules our society so i must give in
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
ohhhhhhhhhh god.....

i hate these stereotypes.

goth is just a stereotype, chav and punk are exactly the same...in fact all are.

the fact is that everyone is different and what they choose to be like and look like shouldnt stereotype them into a group.

But with that said, if you had to be stereotyped, i definatly would be a 'goth'.

but nevermind....i think stereotyping rules our society so i must give in
I don't like it when people get defensive about who they are. If society labels you a goth, so what? Just accept it. I would only be p*ssed off if somehow my dress sense and music taste and attitude suddenly made me a chav!

People like to be able to catagorize things; deep down, we are all big obsessive compulsive nerds, yay!
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
yup. and finally someone else whos heard of lacuna coil
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads