The Student Room Group

Contextual offers differentiating

Hi all I have recently found out I am eligible for a contextual offer for the unis I am applying to. However one of the unis I am applying to says my postcode is not eligible for the offer, but the other 4 say my postcode is eligible. Is their a reason behind this and is it worth contacting the university to get more info , Thanks
Reply 1
Each uni will have their own policy on determining if you are eligible for a contextual offer or not. I would have a read up of the contextual admissions policy for the uni that said no, if you want to get more information. It might be that they use a different measure (such as ACORN, rather than POLAR or IMD) or they have multiple requirements (and so you only meet one of them).
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Deianb21
Hi all I have recently found out I am eligible for a contextual offer for the unis I am applying to. However one of the unis I am applying to says my postcode is not eligible for the offer, but the other 4 say my postcode is eligible. Is their a reason behind this and is it worth contacting the university to get more info , Thanks

Hi Deian21

Each University should clearly indicate their contextual offer eligibility and process. These will be somewhat unique to the specific University you are applying to. You can view The University of Exeter guidance for our applicant's here https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entryrequirements/contextual/webpages.

The best thing to do at this stage would be check the institution that is not accepting your postcode, just on their web guidance and then by directly contacting them if you need help to further understand their criteria.

Chris
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply