Turn on thread page Beta

This girl is amazing....... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    wow!......at the age of 4 she could draw better than i can!

(Original post by BhArJ)
    http://artakiane.com/akiane_art.htm#

:eek: shes only 10 and look at her drawings.............

when i was 8 i was still drawing stick men!

p.s. i couldt think of a better title......
    I think it's her parents then they photograph her in front of it.

ReputationRep:
    Woah...if it really is her who drew them, that is amaaazing Having said that, I quite like the paintings anyway, they're kind of magical looking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! i hate modern art!!! to me there is no talent involved what so ever, i mean look at jackson pollock and all, yeah hes "controversial" and famous and all that stuff but i dont think it takes a talent to do what he does
    Please, allow to cure your ignorance.

You appear to be of a dying breed of ignorant conservatives who view art as being all in technique, practical aptitude and an ability to replicate something from reality in the form of a painting, drawing etc. Abstract Expressionism, an art movement that included Jackson Pollock, began to experiment with those techniques and methods in a highly creative and original way. Surely there is nothing more monotonous and manufactured (and pointless) than replicating a real life image with paint - surely this is an ability that is intrinsic to some people (like this young girl) - something you are born with, an 'eye' for tone and colour etc; if you have that talent it's great but it needs to be put to the correct use. There is little if not no creativity in this girl's work, its merit is all down to her age and not the art itself; the art itself is unoriginal, pretentious and without meaning (yes it would be wrong to expect a young girl of her age to be able to avoid these things). She will reach a point where her ideas die, she has little creativty left and will choose to explore the paint itself - to create abstract art. She'll grow tired of duplicating real life images and begin to experiment and 'play' with the paint, and it is in this that her real creativty will reveal itself. True creativty in art is the ability to accept that you are using paint, accept that you will not capture identically what you are painting as a camera would, and to embrace this and explore the paint itself - and this is exactly what artists like Jackson Pollock did; "this is paint, this is a canvas, I am an artist and will not pretend that I can draw accurate duplications of reality, I will create my own, and experiment with my own". Surely, before even attempting such drawings you must experiment with the paint itself - how can a workman work without a true understanding of his tools?

ReputationRep:
    And I can't help but think that her parents are involved somehow; either through indoctrinating her religious beliefs, or pushing her. The danger is, they will stagnate her. Art, if it is to comment on objective truths and reality should stear clear of attatching itself too stubbornly to one idea; religion and God for example. Art should offer an ambiguity that allows the viewer to explore and grapple with the ideas presented otherwise it's appeal and interest dies.

ReputationRep:
    And one more thing, I can sense arrogance comming her way...

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, I just got some more negrep from some religious person. I thought Christians were supposed to turn the other cheek?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.