The Student Room Group

Doing a firefighter training course whilst at uni

Currently I'm at uni studying accounting however recently i have become interested in becoming a fireman and I have checked in my area its a 12 week training course . And if u pass you work around 40-48 hours a week im just wondering is there anyone here who has completed a firefighters training course whist at uni and continued to study at uni whilst being a fireman .
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Bob1237778
Currently I'm at uni studying accounting however recently i have become interested in becoming a fireman and I have checked in my area its a 12 week training course . And if u pass you work around 40-48 hours a week im just wondering is there anyone here who has completed a firefighters training course whist at uni and continued to study at uni whilst being a fireman .

Hi there,

You're investing so much financially and work into your degree, I'm not sure if it would be a waste if you were then to begin working a 40-48 hour week. You'll miss everything and it would be challenging to do your assignments. Is there any way that you could wait? Or does the training then begin after your degree?

Best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply