The Student Room Group

Epq

Hello, I want to do my epq on a science topic so should I do a dissertation or an investigation/field study and does my title have to be a question or van it just be a statement. Also is it better to do a specific topic or to do a topic that is more broad
Thanks
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Bird1234
Hello, I want to do my epq on a science topic so should I do a dissertation or an investigation/field study and does my title have to be a question or van it just be a statement. Also is it better to do a specific topic or to do a topic that is more broad
Thanks

You can do either a question or a statement, although a question would likely be easier as you have a specific goal in mind then. It is better to do a specific topic because you are very limited in the time you have so you need to be very focused on what you spend your time on.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
You can do either a question or a statement, although a question would likely be easier as you have a specific goal in mind then. It is better to do a specific topic because you are very limited in the time you have so you need to be very focused on what you spend your time on.

OK thank you is a dissertation or an investigation/field study better
OK thank you is a dissertation or an investigation/field study better

I don't think there is necessarily a better one but you do need to consider how realistic doing a field study would be in the time frame you have.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I don't think there is necessarily a better one but you do need to consider how realistic doing a field study would be in the time frame you have.

Does the field study require primary sources so do I need to carry out an investigation, or can I just use secondary resources from what others have concluded?
(edited 2 months ago)
Does the field study require primary sources so do I need to carry out an investigation, or can I just use secondary resources from what others have concluded?

I don't know for certain, but I would think so. If you do just use secondary resources I'm not sure whether it would count as a field study.

Quick Reply

Latest