The Student Room Group

Can I cancel my acceptance to an unconditional offer after the 14 days?

I accepted an unconditional offer from a university, and the acceptance contract mentions a 14-day cancellation period from the day of acceptance. I'm still awaiting a response from my top-choice university, which is taking longer than expected.

If I receive an acceptance from my preferred university after the initial 14 days, am I still able to cancel my acceptance at the current university? Worth mentioning, I haven't made any payments yet. I'm an international student applying directly (not UCAS) for an online Computer Science master's degree.

Appreciate any insights or advice you can offer!
Original post by thait
I accepted an unconditional offer from a university, and the acceptance contract mentions a 14-day cancellation period from the day of acceptance. I'm still awaiting a response from my top-choice university, which is taking longer than expected.

If I receive an acceptance from my preferred university after the initial 14 days, am I still able to cancel my acceptance at the current university? Worth mentioning, I haven't made any payments yet. I'm an international student applying directly (not UCAS) for an online Computer Science master's degree.

Appreciate any insights or advice you can offer!

Even if you accept, you're not really committed to going uness you formally enrol. However you will likely lose any deposit that you put down.

I'd suggest just asking for an extension to the acceptance deadline, if they agree that may solve your problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Even if you accept, you're not really committed to going uness you formally enrol. However you will likely lose any deposit that you put down.

I'd suggest just asking for an extension to the acceptance deadline, if they agree that may solve your problem.

The thing is, I haven't put down any deposits at all.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Even if you accept, you're not really committed to going uness you formally enrol. However you will likely lose any deposit that you put down.

I'd suggest just asking for an extension to the acceptance deadline, if they agree that may solve your problem.

Just a bit worried if I am able to cancel after 14 days and if I'd get in any sort of trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest