What level are you studying at? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by ak763)
Pffff. If that's the case, they're a lot smarter than me.
Lol I am not trying to suggest that PhD's are in the slightest bit easy, just that they are not always much harder than masters, what makes them harder is the shear amount of work and time they take, I know for a fact I couldn't do it.
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate to say it but....

"Who cares?"
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pghstochaj)
I hate to say it but....

"Who cares?"
People like me who are studying for this degree to be told by government they consider it the same as a degree I already possess! :mad:
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
People like me who are studying for this degree to be told by government they consider it the same as a degree I already possess! :mad:
But level and value are two different things, if you did one AS and got an E you still have a level 3 qualification. If you get 5 A2s you still have level3, but of couerse 5 As are much more meaningful in the real world.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why are NVQ qualifications at level 3 are easier than A-levels? Why aren't NVQ level 3 and A-levels have the same difficulty?
pghstochaj
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But it means nothing, nobody will come up to you when you're in a job/interview "haha, your qualification by the government is only defined the same as a masters!"

Just the virtue of having both should make you happy! Just read AT's comment and he says the same, whoops.
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm angry at the ignorance/stupidity of the government, not that it may affect how people see my qualification.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
Why are NVQ qualifications at level 3 are easier than A-levels? Why aren't NVQ level 3 and A-levels have the same difficulty?
Because they are not academic in the same way, NVQ just prooves you can do somthing, depending on the topic it can be very easy. Take building a PC there is no way you can say that is as hard as A level maths. They are both competly different qualifcations and shouldn;t really be compared with each other, this why most universites won't accept them, although some regconise them in conjunction with IB, A2, AVCE etc.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
I'm angry at the ignorance/stupidity of the government, not that it may affect how people see my qualification.
Don't worry about it, as PQ says its just used as a very simplistic way of comparing qualifications to those abroad. In the eyes of employers it means nothing at all.
pghstochaj
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I feel there are probably 25,042 other more important reasons you should be mad at the government for
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Don't worry about it, as PQ says its just used as a very simplistic way of comparing qualifications to those abroad. In the eyes of employers it means nothing at all.
But things like this are what policy is formed on. When we are at a stange of realising 'educational harmony' across europe (Bologna accord) it would be nice to see that the government knows what it is talking about (fat chance).
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pghstochaj)
I feel there are probably 25,042 other more important reasons you should be mad at the government for
Another nail in the coffin, still it winds me up.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Because they are not academic in the same way, NVQ just prooves you can do somthing, depending on the topic it can be very easy. Take building a PC there is no way you can say that is as hard as A level maths. They are both competly different qualifcations and shouldn;t really be compared with each other, this why most universites won't accept them, although some regconise them in conjunction with IB, A2, AVCE etc.
I know some uni's accept NVQ level 3, especially the ex-polytechnics.
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
I know some uni's accept NVQ level 3, especially the ex-polytechnics.
Quite, NVQ level 3 is hard, just not in the same way as A-level. I know for a fact that I couldn't do say NVQ lev 3 beauty therapy (my sister's qualification) as you need real skill and a good bit of artistic flair to do it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads