The Student Room Group

What's the best way to revise for maths?

For context; I'm in top set mathematics but I've struggled the last year to maintain good grades.
I can revise for every other subject just fine and am working at GCSE levels 8 and 9 in most subjects, but I can't find a way to revise for maths that allows me to retain information.
What works best for you?
Original post by niamhmawson
For context; I'm in top set mathematics but I've struggled the last year to maintain good grades.
I can revise for every other subject just fine and am working at GCSE levels 8 and 9 in most subjects, but I can't find a way to revise for maths that allows me to retain information.
What works best for you?

Hiya,
The main method that works best for me is trying to complete as many past papers as possible - this helps me personally as it can make people familiarise with the mark scheme and what the examiners are really looking for in the answers. Hope this helps!
-Anna
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaSkywalker
What works best for you?

Hiya,
The main method that works best for me is trying to complete as many past papers as possible - this helps me personally as it can make people familiarise with the mark scheme and what the examiners are really looking for in the answers. Hope this helps!
-Anna

Thank you!!
What works best for you?

Hiya,
-Anna

Thank you!!

No problem. In fact, revising for my mathematics mock tomorrow is exactly what I'm doing at the moment :smile:
Reply 4
Hiya,
-Anna

Absolutely agree! Practicing past papers is a proven method to enhance exam readiness. It not only familiarizes you with the format but also sharpens your understanding of what examiners expect. Solid advice!
These two were my ways to improve mathematical skills:

- solving questions, especially past papers
- watching tutorials to mathematical questions

And reading books ocassionally to get the logic and the solution steps.

Quick Reply

Latest