The Student Room Group

word count on presentation

i have a presentation due and the maximum was 15 slides and 15 minutes and i was under that, what do you think would be an acceptable amount under before getting penalised?
Original post by Anonymous #1
i have a presentation due and the maximum was 15 slides and 15 minutes and i was under that, what do you think would be an acceptable amount under before getting penalised?

Hi there,

I have often seen a 10+/- applied to essays, so maybe this is a similar principle for presentations, so the minimum here would be 13 slides, 13.5 minutes!

Best of luck 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there

I agree with Malachy's answer. There is normally a 10% threshold that you can go above or below. So perhaps 13.5 minutes will be suitable.

However, if you are worried about not reaching the time limit, you could always prepare some extra information that you can add as a backup.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Hello,

I agree with the responses above!

I would like to add that it might be a good idea to prepare some extra information, you can do so by asking a question in the beginning and getting a response from your audience.

Another thing you can add is a slide with a quote that resonates with the presentation and explain your thoughts surrounding it.

Best of luck,
Haya- MBBS 5

Quick Reply

Latest