Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    but what we all really want to know is how fit you are, Willa......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    She's not really fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    She's not really fit.
    meow!

ReputationRep:
    She's not really fit.
    SHE = HE! lol

I would say that there are plenty of fit female rowers in Oxford. You just have to remember that at 7am in the morning we don't always look our best, especially with it being so cold recently - lots of layers and a hat don't really do your looks any good; but then I'd rather be warm than looking good:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    SHE = HE! lol

I would say that there are plenty of fit female rowers in Oxford. You just have to remember that at 7am in the morning we don't always look our best, especially with it being so cold recently - lots of layers and a hat don't really do your looks any good; but then I'd rather be warm than looking good:p:
    He knows that, having met him at least twice and going to lectures with him!

I agree about the female rowers thing. I'm still seething about rumours that Fitz men wouldn't formal swap with us because we're not good looking enough! :mad: May be forced to use the fantastic line I got from a magazine this week "I'm sorry, but you're just not attractive enough to be that dismissive." And it's true :p:

ReputationRep:
    SHE = HE! lol

I see Willa in lectures every other day. Of course I know Willa is he. Taking the Peas.

ReputationRep:
    I see Willa in lectures every other day. Of course I know Willa is he. Taking the Peas.
    you should never take the peas - that is punishable by death in certain Islamic countries

ReputationRep:
    you shoul take peas - that is punishable by death in certain Islamic countries
    I guess I'll just have to make sure never to entry one of these "islamnic countries" then.

ReputationRep:
    probably not that fit looking tbh....especially out on the river, where me and bow are constantly being drenched by 3 and 4! Last sunday it was a beautiful sunny day, and we pull back into the boat house after an outing....everyone gets out. Stern 6 are bone dry and smiling, Me and Bow are stooping heads bowed soaked from head to toe! Oh how I hate local rain!

although one good thing that has come out of rowing i must say is that I feel like I'm at the peak of my physical fitness atm!

ReputationRep:
    SHE = HE! lol

well I'll believe it when I see it (should be making a visit to oxford some time this term or next to catch up with some buddies....so I'll check out the female rowers then!...if we happen to be by the river that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well I'll believe it when I see it (should be making a visit to oxford some time this term or next to catch up with some buddies....so I'll check out the female rowers then!...if we happen to be by the river that is)
    OI! :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why not just set up a rowing sub-forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    OI! :mad:
    look....i never said there werent ANY hot girls out on the river, I'm just saying that you ladies talk about whole crews being pretty hot, whereas us men usually only spot one or two in a boat we would call "fit"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'd agree with the queens sentiment.
    I've heard this from a couple of places now... why do I get the impression I'll be letting the side down? :/

On the other hand... I picked the right college! ;p

alex

ReputationRep:
    The Cherwell, Oxford's most popular student newspaper, has a poll between two colleges each week to decide "Fit College of the Week", where each college is represented by one lovely lady and one gorgeous guy. You can see this week's poll (and vote!) at http://www.cherwell.org/?page=fit, and there are archives of previous weeks' competitors.
    At the end of each term, they now do a "Fit College of the Term"; there's a even a trophy for it. I believe SPC are the current holders.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about colleges, but I'm going to defect university on this one. I think there are generally a greater quantity of fit women in Oxford than in Cam. Maybe it's just a grass is greener on the other side thing, I dunno.

Neither compares to the London School of Contemporary Dance though, wow.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I believe SPC are the current holders.
    On account of getting their members to vote as many times as possible from as many IPs as possible, deleting their cookies...

If you go to the page with "fit college of term" on it, you'll probably dispute their crown.

I get really, really into Fit College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Dunno about colleges, but I'm going to defect university on this one. I think there are generally a greater quantity of fit women in Oxford than in Cam. Maybe it's just a grass is greener on the other side thing, I dunno.

Neither compares to the London School of Contemporary Dance though, wow.

A.
    You should have been dancing instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I think there are generally a greater quantity of fit women in Oxford than in Cam.
    They're also less likely to reject you, since you probably won't meet them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    look....i never said there werent ANY hot girls out on the river, I'm just saying that you ladies talk about whole crews being pretty hot, whereas us men usually only spot one or two in a boat we would call "fit"
    There are only a few who are all decent looking, there are also some crews who are all fairly poor (no names mentioned a certain hill college who wouldn't formal with us :mad: ). Generally we now play spotting the fit ones and adding them to our survey.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.