The Student Room Group

Didn’t submit assignment properly, can I fight against late penalty

I had an assignment due this morning, which I handed in last night. For some reason the submission point was on a new platform (not turnitin like usual).
I was kinda surprised when I got an email saying I hadn’t submitted, so I showed them a screenshot showing I uploaded my assignment at 2:15am, before the deadline. The person I emailed was also confused why it didn’t submit so had to talk to IT services, where they said I missed a button on a different
I’m really worried now that I’ll get a late penalty of 10 points, but was wondering if I can fight it since I had a screenshot showing that I thought I submitted during the right time
Original post by seharkamran
I had an assignment due this morning, which I handed in last night. For some reason the submission point was on a new platform (not turnitin like usual).
I was kinda surprised when I got an email saying I hadn’t submitted, so I showed them a screenshot showing I uploaded my assignment at 2:15am, before the deadline. The person I emailed was also confused why it didn’t submit so had to talk to IT services, where they said I missed a button on a different
I’m really worried now that I’ll get a late penalty of 10 points, but was wondering if I can fight it since I had a screenshot showing that I thought I submitted during the right time

Hi @seharkamran ,

I am sorry to hear this.

I do not believe anyone here will be able to tell you exactly what will happen or what you can do as we are not aware of context or how the system works where you are.

I would suggest continuing communication with the person you are e-mailing making note of all the back and forth e-mails either through screenshots or 'pinning' the e-mails. I would also suggest talking to a tutor/supervisor to see if there is anything more you can do from this point.

I am sorry we cannot be of more help. Good luck.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending