This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
This module on behaviour and populations and it is so hard, especially the synoptic assessment. Does anyone know where to get revision material for the synoptic assessment of this module.
Unregistered
Badges:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
This module on behaviour and populations and it is so hard, especially the synoptic assessment. Does anyone know where to get revision material for the synoptic assessment of this module.
heh heh! been there! done that! yeh its really hard getting revision material for the synoptic paper! theres nothing much u can do about it apart from doing loads of past papers. i got these from my teachers, but if they're not available in ur school, u could always go to the aqa website and download a copy, or send off for them via mail. especially, practise loads on the awful essay!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
heh heh! been there! done that! yeh its really hard getting revision material for the synoptic paper! theres nothing much u can do about it apart from doing loads of past papers. i got these from my teachers, but if they're not available in ur school, u could always go to the aqa website and download a copy, or send off for them via mail. especially, practise loads on the awful essay!!!
thanks for the advice, do you know how to answer the last essay question?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
thanks for the advice, do you know how to answer the last essay question?
there was a choice, which Q r u talking about? but even if i did... i'm not gonna sit here n write out an essay 4 ya! i'd love to help, but u gotta draw the line somewhere!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
there was a choice, which Q r u talking about? but even if i did... i'm not gonna sit here n write out an essay 4 ya! i'd love to help, but u gotta draw the line somewhere!!!
just generally asking, like say there was a question on the process of diffusion and its organisms. would you list a fact then explain it. How many facts would you roughly explain in order to get full marks.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
just generally asking, like say there was a question on the process of diffusion and its organisms. would you list a fact then explain it. How many facts would you roughly explain in order to get full marks.
basically: u get marks by the cube system:
C - content (16 marks)
U - understanding and relevence (3)
B - breadth (3)
E - English (3)

start: intro: what is diffusion. why is it important to organisms.
then you write a paragraph about every single example u can think of
eg. 1 diffusion in respiration lungs/ amoeba/ insects blah blah - explain consicely but in detail
eg. 2 diffusion in a leaf in photosynthesis and respiration
eg. 3 diffusion of nutrients in digestion / to a fetus
eg. 4 diffusion of pheremones in air!
etc etc. about 8 examples is a good no. to have. try to show ur knowledge of the whole syllabus in one essay, so try to talk about as many subjects in the AS and A2 course as possible. hope this helps!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Thanks for your help mateXX I'll just start practisin.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Thanks for your help mateXX I'll just start practisin.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (34)
10.06%
Okay (99)
29.29%
A bit lacking (122)
36.09%
Not good at all (83)
24.56%

Watched Threads