(Original post by annabellewalter)
What on earth do you do all night?
Chat on TSR? :tsr:
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've been under alot of stress recently and stress makes me fully wake up at 4am every day. i get so bored i cant sleep. last morning i got up, tried on all the suits i own, ate 4 slices of bred and half a bag of raisons and read a book.

but guys i need some advice. i think im going insane. i ve started having these really really disturbing vivid dreams, really violent stuff. i only watch eastenders and the news on tv, dont play video games, am veggie. i dono why this is happening.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
sleep :rolleyes:
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
That will be stress. My depression does that to me. Lack of sleep also has something to do with this, i dont know the exact science but if you are sleep deprived you dont go into deep sleep (which you need ) just rem sleep which means you dream loads.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can often go for nights only getting 4 hours sleep. Listening to music tends to help me get to sleep.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did for about 2 months and it was hell. Go to the doctors....they sorted me out.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That will be stress. My depression does that to me. Lack of sleep also has something to do with this, i dont know the exact science but if you are sleep deprived you dont go into deep sleep (which you need ) just rem sleep which means you dream loads.
but im not depressed. its not just loads of dreams. its really disturbing stuff. like two guys having a fight and one guy attacking th e other with a drill and a claw hammer before killing him and cutting off his legs with a circualr saw
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Its my medication that gives me insomnia lol!! I listen to classic FM for about 8 hours a night.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
I used to have dreams that were so real i made no sense in the day because I have had loads of little realistic conversations with my friends and it takes me ages to work out whats reality.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its my medication that gives me insomnia lol!! I listen to classic FM for about 8 hours a night.
What antidepressants are you on?
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im not on mental medication but i truly believe psycotherapy and talking can solve any illness
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
fluxoetine spelt wrong, prozac it is, and its an SSRI. I get the impression its quite 'mild' tho
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
fluxoetine spelt wrong, prozac it is, and its an SSRI. I get the impression its quite 'mild' tho
yeah SSRIs are milder than drugs such as tricyclics but if you're having major problems with insomnia you should go back to your doctors and discuss it. i dare say he could alter your dosage or treatment plan if they're affecting you that badly.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
he knew it would in the first place, but insomnia is better than the way i was feeling before.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
he knew it would in the first place, but insomnia is better than the way i was feeling before.
it depends how bad the insomnia you're getting is. there are lots of types of antidepressant (even among SSRIs) and some can suit certain people a lot better. how bad was it?
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
how bad was what? my insomnia? or how i felt?

Nowadays i go to bed at 4 or 5 in the morning. The doc didnt want to put me on nething else but SSRI due to recent under 18 anti depressant scare stories
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how bad was what? my insomnia? or how i felt?

Nowadays i go to bed at 4 or 5 in the morning. The doc didnt want to put me on nething else but SSRI due to recent under 18 anti depressant scare stories
how you felt. i think anti-depressants in young people should be given as a last resort. did you try any counselling etc. beforehand?
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
It was bad. Just put it like that.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
aanabelle i love your name btw

how does it feel like to be on these drugs? i dont see how they can change the way you think
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads