Post here is you still haven't heard from Nottingham! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kaisersalsek)
why do people have to cause arguments in my thread?
I don't really think you can blame me :p: But forget it. It's been deleted now.
rosyposy
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
[hey, i know nottingham are tkaing so long i dont get it, i mean i know i applied for with french but im gettin annoyed now cos i need to decide on a gap yr or not!! :confused:
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rosyposy)
[hey, i know nottingham are tkaing so long i dont get it, i mean i know i applied for with french but im gettin annoyed now cos i need to decide on a gap yr or not!! :confused:
I feel the same about Bris and UCL, so don't feel all alone. I'm quite liking the thought of a gap year now though :confused:
goneaway56
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
I feel the same about Bris and UCL, so don't feel all alone. I'm quite liking the thought of a gap year now though :confused:
I keep see-sawing. One day I love the thought of a gap year; the next day I may hate it. One day I'ld decide it wouldn't be worth it taking a gap year, and giving up Kings, the next day I decide it is.

This university stuff is making my head explode.
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lottelo)
I keep see-sawing. One day I love the thought of a gap year; the next day I may hate it. One day I'ld decide it wouldn't be worth it taking a gap year, and giving up Kings, the next day I decide it is.

This university stuff is making my head explode.
Ditto- I love the thought of it, then I'll see an accomodation pack or something and want to go to uni as soon as possible!
Lauren18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rejected from Nottingham... never mind. Thought I'd post my details for those still waiting to compare - hope that's helpful for you and wish you better luck than me!

GCSEs: A* A* A* A* A* A* A* A A A B (A*s in Eng, Maths, Science)
AS: A A A B (UMS marks something like 280, 275, 255, 237 - these were put in my reference)
A2 Predictions: A A A (English Lang, Law, Politics) + AS Maths B, AS Critical Thinking A/B + AEA Critical Thinking
I'm state educated for those who think that's relevant!
LNAT: a dismal 12/24 - which I think is the reason for rejection, otherwise surely I would have been rejected before they knew the results?!

Work experience: 1 week at well-known law firm, 1 week at Magistrates' Court
Extra Curricular: Without being arrogant, brilliant. Lots of sport, music, DofE, conferences, achievements, awards etc...
References: Extremely flattering

Applied on: 05/10/04
Rejected on: 08/02/05

Reaction: Not too bothered as just put it as my 6th gap on the form... pretty much decided on Exeter from the start (unless I got an offer from Cambridge - which I didn't)

As I said, best of luck to everyone else waiting. I heard they had over 3500 applications just from HOME students this year, and need to fill 160 places... so it really is a lottery. I genuinely hope your numbers show up! x x x
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lauren18)
Rejected from Nottingham... never mind. Thought I'd post my details for those still waiting to compare - hope that's helpful for you and wish you better luck than me!

GCSEs: A* A* A* A* A* A* A* A A A B (A*s in Eng, Maths, Science)
AS: A A A B (UMS marks something like 280, 275, 255, 237 - these were put in my reference)
A2 Predictions: A A A (English Lang, Law, Politics) + AS Maths B, AS Critical Thinking A/B + AEA Critical Thinking
I'm state educated for those who think that's relevant!
LNAT: a dismal 12/24 - which I think is the reason for rejection, otherwise surely I would have been rejected before they knew the results?!

Work experience: 1 week at well-known law firm, 1 week at Magistrates' Court
Extra Curricular: Without being arrogant, brilliant. Lots of sport, music, DofE, conferences, achievements, awards etc...
References: Extremely flattering

Applied on: 05/10/04
Rejected on: 08/02/05

Reaction: Not too bothered as just put it as my 6th gap on the form... pretty much decided on Exeter from the start (unless I got an offer from Cambridge - which I didn't)

As I said, best of luck to everyone else waiting. I heard they had over 3500 applications just from HOME students this year, and need to fill 160 places... so it really is a lottery. I genuinely hope your numbers show up! x x x
Hey really? What makes you go for Exeter above your other offers? You still up for meeting at the open day?
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just rejected from nottingham aswell. Pretty much exactly the same as lauren18 but i have an lnat score of 14. *******s.
Khalsa1846
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
rejected from Nottingham last night as well!!!
was sorta expecting it but hey thats life....means i will HAVE to prove them wrong lol
Mandeep
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
Just rejected from nottingham aswell. Pretty much exactly the same as lauren18 but i have an lnat score of 14. *******s.
Hey, if I get 3 offers I'll be well happy
katy1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just got rejected from Nottingham too. Not too disappointed though. Just waiting 2 hear from Warwick now..........If i dont get that then its between Exeter and Sheffield- like them both though, so thats good. Anyone else waiting 2 hear from Warwick? xxx
Lauren18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Hey really? What makes you go for Exeter above your other offers? You still up for meeting at the open day?
Well I live in Guildford - I swear about 20% of people here go to Exeter - and so I know a lot of people who go / have gone there and loved it. My Law teacher went there and one of my neighbours (who is head of recruitment at Clifford Chance :p: ) went there... and they all give it 10/10.

I loved KCL but just cannot afford to live in London. I only get the minimum student loan and my parents cannot help me out due to reasons which the Student Loan Co doesn't recognise :mad: ... so London is too much to contemplate. The other option is commuting (35 mins on train) but that sounds like living hell!

And I don't like Sheffield enough to put it as my firm choice (highest grades), so I won't be putting it at all, unless I have a radical change of mind! Oh and I got their accomodation brochure last week - it works out at around £100 a week for self catering! Sounds a bit steep for Sheffield...

I haven't been to Northumbria... just put it as an insurance, but it's got some great points - offers a combined LLB-LPC or LLB-BVC degree in 4 years (approved by Law Soc and Bar Council), is in Newcastle (love the accent!), really cheap, modern accomodation mostly on campus, good for careers (their graduates can be found in many of the top London firms, surprisigly)... and so it's probably between KCL and Northumbria as insurance.

God this whole process is so annoying! I've written an email to Notts asking for brief feedback - literally just the reason I was rejected (probs LNAT) - do you think I'll get it?

Not sure if I'm going to Exeter yet as the KCL open day is on the same day and I'm trying to decide which one to go to. And my Dad has now taken the day off to come with me... :eek: anyway, will let you know!
MissisKate
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know this thread has been stale for a few days now but I was just wondering if anybody is STILL waiting for Nottingham because it's really getting to me now.
If universities carry on making everyone wait so long the entire population of lawyers is going to have to be fuelled by happy pills!!! Everyone's so stressed...especially me!!!
Eki_86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MissisKate)
I know this thread has been stale for a few days now but I was just wondering if anybody is STILL waiting for Nottingham because it's really getting to me now.
If universities carry on making everyone wait so long the entire population of lawyers is going to have to be fuelled by happy pills!!! Everyone's so stressed...especially me!!!
I was fed up of waiting too and was finally put out of my misery last wednesday. I got a rejection :-( Notts was my first choice as well, so I wasn't too happy. But if you're still waiting the odds are, they're still considering you!
MissisKate
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eki_86)
I was fed up of waiting too and was finally put out of my misery last wednesday. I got a rejection :-( Notts was my first choice as well, so I wasn't too happy. But if you're still waiting the odds are, they're still considering you!
I sure hope it's worth the wait. sorry about your rejection. What offers did you get?
TheSun
Report 14 years ago
I know how you're feeling MissisKate, but there's nothing we can do about it short of going down to Notts with a gang and forcing a response from the admisisons tutor. Let's just chill and wait, we're still in the running.
kidney thief
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
at the notts law open day last wednesday, they said that we were "the first batch" of offers and there were only about 40 applicants actually there (a rough visual estimate on my part- taking into account that most of the people there were parents accompanying applicants and not everyone made an offer would have went to the open day).

they have around 160-170 places for home students and 30-40 for overseas students (so we were told) but they make around 500 offers.

so, by my guess-timation the majority of offers have not been made yet! hang in there!
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For those still waiting: I got a Notts offer today, although it doesn't say what the conditions are yet.
MissisKate
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mobb_theprequel)
For those still waiting: I got a Notts offer today, although it doesn't say what the conditions are yet.
On UCAS track or on the Nottingham one?
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MissisKate)
On UCAS track or on the Nottingham one?
The conditional offer notification is on both of them, but the offer details aren't on either [if that makes sense!].
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed