Post here is you still haven't heard from Nottingham! Watch

This discussion is closed.
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't worry, most of my friends are still waiting to hear from Notts. I think what has annoyed people most is the innacuracies in the Law Prospectus, which implied that the LNAT score would be of peripheral importance and than the LNAT essay would only be used in borderline cases. Neither has proved to be true.
Annik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey..I was rejected from notts a few weeks ago..gutted!!
It was the only place i really loved..
now im tryin to decide between kings n manc..nightmare!!

For those interested -
GCSEs - 7A*s, 3As
AS - AAAA
A2 predictions - AAA (eng lit, history, classics)
Work experience - 1 week at irwin mitchell, 1 week at CPS
LNAT - 12
Other stuff - go to private school, v.flattering reference, prefect, extra reading etc..

As i will say agen.. GUTTED!!
ClosetGinger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Annik)

For those interested -
GCSEs - 7A*s, 3As
AS - AAAA
LNAT - 12
Other stuff - go to private school, v.flattering reference, prefect, extra reading etc..

me was rejected too!

hey I might as well include my grades etc

GCSEs - 2A*s, 6As 2Bs and umm a C
AS - AAAB
Work experience - nope...hehe
LNAT - 14 delightfully one above average
Other stuff - Go to an inner City sixth form college, my reference was pretty hectic..etc

TBH i'm really not a very good candidate..I was shocked to get into anywhere without all the extra stuff everyone else has
tiantang
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Annik)

For those interested -
GCSEs - 7A*s, 3As
AS - AAAA
LNAT - 12

Though i'll probably get neg. rep here i can't help being blunt.

Your grades are excellent for a uni student but average for a Law student applying to a top 10 uni. I along many of my mates have the same grades as you and have also received rejections.

Your obvious fall in your application is your LNAT score. Just to give you an idea, my mate got 6* straight A's at GCSE , 5'A's at AS, 14 in LNAT and got rejected. (this guy also got rejected from UCL.)

I think you need at 15+ lnat score, and 5A*+, 4 A's at AS, to be realistically expecting an offer from a top 10 uni.

Either that or something really special. I got rejected from all 4 uni's in a row before i send my remainign two unis (notts and LSE) a further recommendation letter and my AS Enlgish modules which were all full marks.
Eki_86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tiantang)

Your grades are excellent for a uni student but average for a Law student applying to a top 10 uni. I along many of my mates have the same grades as you and have also received rejections.

Your obvious fall in your application is your LNAT score. Just to give you an idea, my mate got 6* straight A's at GCSE , 5'A's at AS, 14 in LNAT and got rejected. (this guy also got rejected from UCL.)

I think you need at 15+ lnat score, and 5A*+, 4 A's at AS, to be realistically expecting an offer from a top 10 uni.

Either that or something really special. I got rejected from all 4 uni's in a row before i send my remainign two unis (notts and LSE) a further recommendation letter and my AS Enlgish modules which were all full marks.
I get what you're saying..and you're totally 100% when you say that such grades are in fact quite average for a law applicant applying to such top institutions...but there's no denying the fact....its till pretty painful to get so many rejections! I also got four rejections, from my top 4 unis...and despite the fact I knew law was competitive...it was still pretty devastating! It kinda made me feel for a while that my hard work was all to no avail....but i'm now incredibly grateful for my two offers- b'ham and ucl. Especially ucl- which will be my firm choice! But I still think that its sorta sad that somebody with fantastic GCSE grades and A'level predictions can be rejected all because they didn't show "significant potential" on a multiple choice test (on which some lucky people could perform well on purely through guessing). Or perhaps i'm just being overly bitter cuz I only got 15! Oh well! Its all good lol
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
STILL not heard... it's really starting to irritate me now....
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tiantang)

I completely understand what you're saying.. my mate got 10 on her LNAT but was a REMARKABLE candidate and was rejected. So far nobody from our school has got into notts.. but i have to say that it was the most annoying feeling that I could get into places (that although are very difficult to get into), I don't really want to go to. Now Im chosing between manchester and kings..and to be honest, neither of them are nottingham!
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
there's (at a maximum) of 3 of us left still waiting so hopefully! I think Sarah will get in

The amount of time they're taking is a bit stupid though....
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kaisersalsek)
there's (at a maximum) of 3 of us left still waiting so hopefully! I think Sarah will get in

The amount of time they're taking is a bit stupid though....
yeh i thnk sarah has a gud chance..then agen laura didnt get in and she had the same LNAT!

O well..gud luck..

Im thinking of writing to notts lol
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
I have the same LNAT as them both!
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Annik)

For those interested -
GCSEs - 7A*s, 3As
AS - AAAA
LNAT - 12
Well, I guess the LNAT does count for something then. My grades are the same as yours at AS/A2 and slightly worse at GCSE. I also go to a private school and have done work experience. Main difference is that my LNAT was 19, so I guess that's what it is.
krisgreen65
Report 14 years ago
Still heard nothing either. I really don't understand what the wait is.

I think a phonecall's in order again tomorrow...

KJG
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by krisgreen65)
Still heard nothing either. I really don't understand what the wait is.

I think a phonecall's in order again tomorrow...

KJG
Again? I wouldn't ring twice.

And don't worry- 3 people applied from my school and 2 are still waiting.
krisgreen65
Report 14 years ago
Had nothing to lose by phoning up - it's terrible the amount of time they made us wait.

I got my decision back today and they've rejected me.... All those months of waiting...

KJG
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
yeah, me too, after MONTHS of waiting - got rejected yesterday
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
Kris - I'm putting leicester as my firm (got a leeds offer too). You using your Leicester offer?
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Antonia - Did u hear sarah got in?
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
yeah, I spoke to her on tuesday, she's not taking the offer though

Don't know if Wheeler has, do you?
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah, I spoke to her on tuesday, she's not taking the offer though

Don't know if Wheeler has, do you?

just spent the day at kings and lucy still hasnt heard!! grr..was there skool today?
krisgreen65
Report 14 years ago
Kris - I'm putting leicester as my firm (got a leeds offer too). You using your Leicester offer?
Hey kaiser,

Nope, I think I'm going to use Sheffield as my firm, and Hull as my insurance...

I was very impressed with Sheffield, and Hull was good too...

KJG
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise