Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    like it or hate it? is it snobby or classy? personally i love harrods.

all my clothes come from wallis or principles
    most of my bags are harrods
    but sadly most of my shoes are new look or barrarts due to size 2

ReputationRep:
    For clothes/ home etc- I hate it, I hate designer label worshipping and I hate the way women look at you in the fashion departments if you're not 'well' dressed however;
    For food - it's incredible, the food halls are amazing. Where I'm not bothered about clothes, I think good quality food is one of the nicest luxuries you can have and me and my boyfriend love just looking around at all the lovely treats you can get- some of the choccies are incredible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoisinHan)
    For clothes/ home etc- I hate it, I hate designer label worshipping and I hate the way women look at you in the fashion departments if you're not 'well' dressed however;
    For food - it's incredible, the food halls are amazing. Where I'm not bothered about clothes, I think good quality food is one of the nicest luxuries you can have and me and my boyfriend love just looking around at all the lovely treats you can get- some of the choccies are incredible!
    no dont get me wrong. i dont own any designer clothes. only harrods label. and only bags. but i want to buy clothes from harrods but its too expensive and im scared. what should i wear to buy clothes from harrods to look well dressed? cos them ladies are NASTY

ReputationRep:
    I like the food halls, especially the Krispy Kreme dougnuts. You can also get some nice exotic alcoholic drinks (vodkas etc) which is handy. I don't tend to buy clothes from Harrods... if you want designer stuff, it's probably better to head over to Bond Street etc anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i gotta go in the harrods food halls. but to me speending dosh on food is a waste. being crude, it goes in comes out. noone cares if the beans are heinz or tesco value etc

ReputationRep:
    ohyea the other think i love about harrods is the cute plastic bags that say harrods on them the green ones with the gold writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i gotta go in the harrods food halls. but to me speending dosh on food is a waste. being crude, it goes in comes out. noone cares if the beans are heinz or tesco value etc
    If eating nice food brings you more pleasure than eating say tesco value food ("it tastes nicer") then there's nothing wrong with spending a bit more if you have it. Otherwise everybody wouldn't pay for Cadbury's chocolate, or would go for Rola Cola over Coca Cola.

Krispy Kreme is my personal recommendation though - previously Harrods was the only place in the UK you could get them, but there's now a store (drive-through i think) in Enfield.

ReputationRep:
    oh yea im not dissing that man. i guess we all have priorities in life. alot of people love food, i love clothes and bags and art galleries.

but yea i gotta try the krispy kremes then, thanks. i know they are really big in the US, overtook dunkin donuts - do you have that in the uk?i think they r overtaking mcdonalds too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Krispy Kreme is my personal recommendation though - previously Harrods was the only place in the UK you could get them, but there's now a store (drive-through i think) in Enfield.
    You mean Krispy Crack donuts. Those things are evil and addictive. I'm glad I moved out of Enfield.

ReputationRep:
    it makes me feel warm inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    You mean Krispy Crack donuts. Those things are evil and addictive. I'm glad I moved out of Enfield.
    They're priced just so that you can go halves on a box of 12 with a friend for £6.95. 6 each.

ReputationRep:
    after about 2 hours in harrods i got hungry and decided to buy a sandwich. i sat down and ordered. guess how much it cost. £12.50. F**kin hell.

the sandwich was good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused?)
    after about 2 hours in harrods i got hungry and decided to buy a sandwich. i sat down and ordered. guess how much it cost. £12.50. F**kin hell.

the sandwich was good though.
    Ah the deli. I like the roast beef sandwiches there, but like you say bloody expensive. What is cheeky though, is when you order a glass of cranberry juice for £2.50, and they pour out a small glass for you from the ocean spray carton right in front of you. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    If eating nice food brings you more pleasure than eating say tesco value food ("it tastes nicer") then there's nothing wrong with spending a bit more if you have it. Otherwise everybody wouldn't pay for Cadbury's chocolate, or would go for Rola Cola over Coca Cola.

There is a Krispy Kreme stand in Canary Wharf and also a Tesco Metro near/on Regent Street where you can get them.

I have no idea how I've picked up this essential information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecossaise)
    There is a Krispy Kreme stand in Canary Wharf and also a Tesco Metro near/on Regent Street where you can get them.

One of my mates said theres one at Bluewater now, not sure though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oooooooh I love Harrods but but but I love Hamleys more

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Macys & Bloomingdales.
    Bit of a way to go though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    like it or hate it? is it snobby or classy? personally i love harrods.

all my clothes come from wallis or principles
    most of my bags are harrods
    but sadly most of my shoes are new look or barrarts due to size 2
    stupid prices! i seen a handbag in there worth £400.

ReputationRep:
    Harrods is great for browsing, deciding what you wanna buy and then going somewhere else and getting it for half the price. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecossaise)

One in Tesco Extra in Watford too.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.