The Student Room Group

Deferred Entry?

I applied for Geography(2024 entry), however I'm now certain I want to take a gap year. Should I call my unis now and tell them this or should I wait until I receive all of my offers? I've been told that Cambridge dislike when you change your mind post-application so I'm not sure whether to tell them this whilst they still consider my application or after.
Original post by lumaverick6
I applied for Geography(2024 entry), however I'm now certain I want to take a gap year. Should I call my unis now and tell them this or should I wait until I receive all of my offers? I've been told that Cambridge dislike when you change your mind post-application so I'm not sure whether to tell them this whilst they still consider my application or after.

They don't dislike changes in principle, it's just some are difficult to implement and most put you into a different category of assessment. As far as asking for a gap year, you will fall into a different assessment group, and might not get a deferred offer, and have to reapply next year [this is a Cam only situation].
Reply 2
So now that I've gotten an offer, if I ask for deferral and I am refused for 2025 entry, will I still be able to attend in October of 2024?

Quick Reply