need help! psychology degree worthless? Watch

This discussion is closed.
saturn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
im currently in my first year and ive decided i want a career in sport since psychology just depresses me (dunno why)
i wondered though is there anyway i can do sport with a degree in psychology?

thanks
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What kind of career in sport? If it's competitive sport then any degree is pretty much worthless, get out and start training! Do you mean teaching, management, leisure?
saturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angel_Cake)
What kind of career in sport? If it's competitive sport then any degree is pretty much worthless, get out and start training! Do you mean teaching, management, leisure?
lol i don't mean i want to be a sports performer im way to crap i mean something like teaching, analysing (though im really shy so nothing involving teaching a large crowd)
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
lol i don't mean i want to be a sports performer im way to crap i mean something like teaching, analysing (though im really shy so nothing involving teaching a large crowd)
Well, have a look what your uni offers, maybe you could switch to psychology with something to do with sport? Or you could probably do another course after your first degree? Sorry I'm not much help! Go to the careers advisor at uni, they'll know something about it.
saturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angel_Cake)
Well, have a look what your uni offers, maybe you could switch to psychology with something to do with sport? Or you could probably do another course after your first degree? Sorry I'm not much help! Go to the careers advisor at uni, they'll know something about it.
you have helped cheers i'l explore the options
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you can try doing sport and sport psychology
but u know.. if it is any kind of sport u wont b able to do it your whole life so if u like psychology then it can be some kind of insurance for u..
but if it depresses you..well then why dont you just try an other major?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads