The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Dear Student Finance Team,

I applied for a Maintenance loan for the entire year of 2023-2024, after a while they requested to send the 2324 SFE PFF2. I uploaded it online as evidence to the application for a Tuition Fee loan which was proven in August since there was no other place to upload the evidence. After a while, I received an email to confirm that they received this evidence, and after another week I received two of these emails, which was on the 21st of December. Now I am still waiting and a bit in a worry, because I need to receive the money before March when I need to pay my 6 months rent.
How does the SFE pay the loan? If the application gets proven in the middle of the second term, does it mean that they will send all of it in the third term?
Thanks
Original post by dominikdangel
Dear Student Finance Team,

I applied for a Maintenance loan for the entire year of 2023-2024, after a while they requested to send the 2324 SFE PFF2. I uploaded it online as evidence to the application for a Tuition Fee loan which was proven in August since there was no other place to upload the evidence. After a while, I received an email to confirm that they received this evidence, and after another week I received two of these emails, which was on the 21st of December. Now I am still waiting and a bit in a worry, because I need to receive the money before March when I need to pay my 6 months rent.
How does the SFE pay the loan? If the application gets proven in the middle of the second term, does it mean that they will send all of it in the third term?
Thanks

Hi there,

Did you receive a new Notification Letter to confirm you have been awarded the finance since you sent the evidence?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Desr Claire,

I have not received any letter awarding the finance.

Many thanks,
Dominik
Original post by dominikdangel
Desr Claire,

I have not received any letter awarding the finance.

Many thanks,
Dominik

You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the online chat option in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Claire

Quick Reply