This discussion is closed.
SirScally
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hiya evry1!

Does anyone know if there is a full breakdown of the LNAT results, showing how many applicants got each particular score? I know that in the news articles they have mentioned how only 4 people scored 21 (and 3 for that matter), but I think it would be interesting to see what the distribution of results was in between the two extremes. What do you all think?
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SirScally)
Hiya evry1!

Does anyone know if there is a full breakdown of the LNAT results, showing how many applicants got each particular score? I know that in the news articles they have mentioned how only 4 people scored 21 (and 3 for that matter), but I think it would be interesting to see what the distribution of results was in between the two extremes. What do you all think?
Definitely- I think everyone wants to know how the distribution panned out. I don't actually know that many people with scores below the mean- only about 5! I imagine that from 11-16 each extra mark was a huge leap in percentile terms.
kaisersalsek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
to be fair, the majority of people with scores below the mean would probably not visit this forum
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do , lol. I got 12.
Lauren18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Me too; I'm a fellow 12-ite and not ashamed of it, as it totally conflicts with every other reflection of my true ability.
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what? I'm not saying people who are less academically able all got lower than average LNAT scores, I know people with 10 who are amazingly "academically able".

I actually don't know what I was getting at in that post, so forget I said it
goneaway56
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and thats the problem when you generalise too much
JackieS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...405021,00.html

according to this story in the guardian the average mark in the multiple choice was 13.16 and the hgihest score was 21, acheived by only 4 peeople
JackieS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JackieS)
http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...405021,00.html

according to this story in the guardian the average mark in the multiple choice was 13.16 and the hgihest score was 21, acheived by only 4 peeople

sorry,only just noticed that was mentioned on the inital post

what about the LNAT website? does that give any info?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.84%
No (155)
74.16%

Watched Threads