This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
I have a question. At the moment I am a third year student at college, because the ABC grades I got at A level, to me were not good enough, and I also wanted to persue a different degree than the one I initially chose.

I have chosen to persue a career in law, and have sent off my application. I just checked online now and have been given an 'unconditional accept' from the University of Leicester.

I checked their online prospectus to see what the deal was, they want typically 340-400 points, AAB. But I have an ABC??? What is going on? I heard Leiecster was a good uni, is it because the university course is undersubscribed? I am confused, but happy at the same time!

Also, does anybody know what the uni is like? What is the social life there like too? Is it true its a old mining town?

Thanks, Peter.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I have a question. At the moment I am a third year student at college, because the ABC grades I got at A level, to me were not good enough, and I also wanted to persue a different degree than the one I initially chose.

I have chosen to persue a career in law, and have sent off my application. I just checked online now and have been given an 'unconditional accept' from the University of Leicester.

I checked their online prospectus to see what the deal was, they want typically 340-400 points, AAB. But I have an ABC??? What is going on? I heard Leiecster was a good uni, is it because the university course is undersubscribed? I am confused, but happy at the same time!

Also, does anybody know what the uni is like? What is the social life there like too? Is it true its a old mining town?

Thanks, Peter.
I applied to Leicester, so I was willing to spend 5 years there. General impressions were overall good, and well done for getting in.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
The older you are, the more respect you're given. Your grades are also very close to what they want and not many apply with A-levels already.

Well done on getting in.
Bhaal85
Rep:
(Original post by DanMushMan)
I applied to Leicester, so I was willing to spend 5 years there. General impressions were overall good, and well done for getting in.
Cheers Dan.

I live in Manchester and haven't had a chance to visit cause its like a 2 hour drive.

What was the Uni like??? Bars, clubs, social aspect?
DanMushMan
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Cheers Dan.

I live in Manchester and haven't had a chance to visit cause its like a 2 hour drive.

What was the Uni like??? Bars, clubs, social aspect?
actually I don't really know, went there twice, but both times just day tripping (one open day, one interview). Its a big city, so it should have its fair share of social places. It looked ok, I felt it had a good 'vibe.' Also, you lazy ******, just get on a train and go there!
MASTER
Badges: 0
Report 18 years ago
lol. ironic you got into leicester uni. i am sure you will fit in extemely well in leicester bhaal, i can guarantee it lol.............
DanMushMan
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by MASTER)
lol. ironic you got into leicester uni. i am sure you will fit in extemely well in leicester bhaal, i can guarantee it lol.............
why why why is he still allowed to be here?
Bhaal85
Rep:
(Original post by MASTER)
Of course, every Uni would accept me cause I am unique and extremely gifted.

Dont worry though, cause as soon as you finish pre-school I am sure you will get a place, dont panic.
ThunderCat8
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Wow! I didn't know people actually got unconditional offers! Doesn't that mean you're in whatever? Well done!

I have got a Conditonal Offer for Leicester to do Psychology, but I don't really want to accept it. Still waiting for my medicine offers (or rejections...)!!

PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Leicester's Law A level average (in old money) for 2001-02 was 23.5 points...just under BBB...so someone with ABC guaranteed and the potential to earn more is only going to improve their average/league table position etc etc.

It is an excellent uni - but (a bit like bradford and even birmingham to some extent) suffers from being in a city which people make assumptions about without visiting.
Bhaal85
Rep:
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Leicester's Law A level average (in old money) for 2001-02 was 23.5 points...just under BBB...so someone with ABC guaranteed and the potential to earn more is only going to improve their average/league table position etc etc.

It is an excellent uni - but (a bit like bradford and even birmingham to some extent) suffers from being in a city which people make assumptions about without visiting.
Thanks Pencil Queen. So I take it Leicester Uni is pretty prestigous and good with employers. I just thought perhaps law was undersubscribed this year, so next year it will be undersubscribed again ,which is why they gave me an unconditional offer.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.51%
Okay (113)
29.05%
A bit lacking (147)
37.79%
Not good at all (92)
23.65%

Watched Threads