The Student Room Group

Physics or history???

Hi, I am currently in year 11, and I know I am going to take maths, further maths and economics a level. I am a mathematical person but I am also quite good at history, so I am stuck on whether to take physics or history as my 4th. Thank you in advance!
Original post by anonymous.2008
Hi, I am currently in year 11, and I know I am going to take maths, further maths and economics a level. I am a mathematical person but I am also quite good at history, so I am stuck on whether to take physics or history as my 4th. Thank you in advance!

What do you want to do at uni?
Id double check what courses you are interested in on the unis websites and see if they specify any particular subjects.
Physics goes better with your other subjects (especually maths). But history is a bit different and a nice change from the others.
Which do you think you will enjoy more/get the best grade in?
Original post by Emma:-)
What do you want to do at uni?
Id double check what courses you are interested in on the unis websites and see if they specify any particular subjects.
Physics goes better with your other subjects (especually maths). But history is a bit different and a nice change from the others.
Which do you think you will enjoy more/get the best grade in?

Economics at uni hopefully. I would say I'm equally good at both, but I'm not sure about the workload for history, and I've heard physics gets impossible...
Original post by anonymous.2008
Economics at uni hopefully. I would say I'm equally good at both, but I'm not sure about the workload for history, and I've heard physics gets impossible...

Check the requirements for economics on some unis websites, just to see if they specify anything in particular (that you arent already planning on doing).
I didnt do either, so cant really comment on them. I know of people who did history and they got on alright with it. But if you are equally good at both, which do you enjoy more? If you enjoy it you are more likely to do well in it.

Quick Reply