The Student Room Group

IBMS approved laboratories


I want to become a registered biomedical scientist and I aim to do so by completing a placement during my university degree at an IBMS accredited university. However, I am struggling to find placements to apply for. I have only seen one advertised and have applied but other placements I've seen do not seem to guarantee you a HCPC registration. I worry because a lot of the interviews tend to be during January. Does anyone know how to find these types of placements or what to look for?
Reply 1


Go to your uni careers website, some might be there


Is your course IBMS accredited (and your uni in general)?


Go to NHS careers website


Talk to your lecturers and specifically head of the programme. If there's a possibility for you to apply they should know where to look. You're porbably not the first person to come up with this question

Quick Reply