Turn on thread page Beta

How to get the smell of smoke etc out of a tshirt? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Do you realise how many hearts you just broke with that cold brush-off. Girls across Britain are sobbing right now. :p:
    oh well, im sure they will find some chav who will kindly take the place.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to smoke to smell of smoke. Try going to a pub..
    dont worry...smoking ban soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    Yep, never thought I'd say it, but I think it's probably a pretty good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Only in places that sell food

ReputationRep:
    spray it with anything you can find. Aftershave, perfume, body spray, febreze (or something similar)...i even used room spray once lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Even crisps?

ReputationRep:
    was that put it in the fridge thing a joke? :confused: or does it work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)
    was that put it in the fridge thing a joke? :confused: or does it work
    You could've washed and dried it by now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Even crisps?
    Nope just hot food.

ReputationRep:
    no not a joke.. well if its cold out side just leave it outs side (in the cold)
    but if its warm then put it into the fridge..but not for too log

then i will feel more fresh a the smell should disappear : )

ReputationRep:
    Spraying with deodourants won't work....it will just spell a horrible deodurant / smokey smell. Fabreeze is good as it actually takes out the smell and replaces it rather than just trying to cover it.

ReputationRep:
    you think it'll stop there?

ReputationRep:
    you think it'll stop there?
    Yep according to Tony Blair. He said it would be wholely unfair on a large majority of the population to ban it like in Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Yep according to Tony Blair. He said it would be wholely unfair on a large majority of the population to ban it like in Ireland.
    yea tony blair always keeps his word and all...its called electioneering and dipping your toe

ReputationRep:
    yea tony blair always keeps his word and all...its called electioneering and dipping your toe
    I think one of the reasons Tony Blair might not be quite so popular as he was is because of the fact that he does keep his word and stand by his beliefs....even if it makes him unpopular in the polls....e.g. iraq.

And in anycase, no government would risk loosing the vote of around 40% of the country.

ReputationRep:
    And in addition...is far from certain that any form of ban will be put in place....it was voted for in parliment (Sp?) but many things voted on there never actually see the light of day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)
    Thanks alot!! This forum is wicked how helpful people are. Whats fabreeze? is it for taking smoke out?
    its the spray stuff in a bottle. they use it in the bathrooms over here to make them smell "good". I wouldn't reccomend that stuff.......go to your nearest bath and body works and buy some of their anti-bacterial vinalla sugar spray. that stuff is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Spraying with deodourants won't work....it will just spell a horrible deodurant / smokey smell. Fabreeze is good as it actually takes out the smell and replaces it rather than just trying to cover it.
    fabreeze smells so gross though. don't get fabreeze! don't get fabreeze!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    fabreeze smells so gross though. don't get fabreeze! don't get fabreeze!
    hehe I like it personally! what I mean't was to use a product like fabreeze that doesn't just cover the smell but instead gets rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hang it on the line and spray it with Febreeze. If there is a bit of a wind even better it will blow the smoke smell out.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.