The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

University College (Univ) (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
marlowe92
I'm thinking of applying to Univ for PPE- how political is its atmosphere?

Chruchill

I'm applying for PPE here too.

So, what made you guys want to apply to Univ for PPE...?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 21
Hey all, just to say I'm currently at Univ (reading psychology and philosophy), so if you've any specific questions feel free to ask! Or indeed if you're coming to visit and want someone to show you round.
Reply 22
Ena
Hey all, just to say I'm currently at Univ (reading psychology and philosophy), so if you've any specific questions feel free to ask! Or indeed if you're coming to visit and want someone to show you round.

What are the philosophy tutors like at Univ...? How is philosophy at Univ taught and do you find that you enjoy the tutorials?

Thanks
Reply 23
Philosophy is taught the same way at all colleges, and you may well have tutors from different colleges. That said, you're more likely to be tutored at Univ than anywhere else if you go there. My philosophy tutors are great. A bit crazy, expecially as far as hair styles go, but really helpful and tutorials can be good fun, especially when you disagree! Look them up on the Univ website.
Reply 24
Ena
Philosophy is taught the same way at all colleges, and you may well have tutors from different colleges. That said, you're more likely to be tutored at Univ than anywhere else if you go there. My philosophy tutors are great. A bit crazy, expecially as far as hair styles go, but really helpful and tutorials can be good fun, especially when you disagree! Look them up on the Univ website.

Cool - thanks for this. Sounds interesting!
Reply 25
I think I'm applying for Classics. Anyone already here studying Classics? Any advice/encouragement would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 26
I'm also applying for PPE at Univ, seems like that's going to be a hard race :wink:

As to what made me apply, PPE is simply the most perfect course for me because I've always been interested in those three subjects. Univ was a bit of a guess, I loved it on the open day and looked up some things online, comparing colleges. But I think it's always guessing, you don't know what it's like untill you're there.
Reply 27
Anyone apply for History at Univ and/or know what its like?
The wait for interview notification is intolerable.
Reply 28
Same here, I'm applying for Chemistry.
Reply 29
You heard anything regarding interviews yet? (Apart from the interview date letter sent out previously)
Realism
You heard anything regarding interviews yet? (Apart from the interview date letter sent out previously)

I've not heard anything yet, I expect to next week though.
Reply 31
I just got an interview invitation for history!!
Reply 32
Realism

Arrghh - well done!! :biggrin:
Reply 33
Graphix
Arrghh - well done!! :biggrin:

Haha thanks man I'm bloody excited!
Realism

Well done! :five:
Reply 35
Realism
Haha thanks man I'm bloody excited!

It seems history people got the news today - I wonder when PPE will come... :s-smilie:
Best of luck!
Reply 36
Graphix

It seems history people got the news today - I wonder when PPE will come...

Good luck to you to mate! When are PPE Interviews? History is from the 8th-12th...
Reply 37
Realism
Good luck to you to mate! When are PPE Interviews? History is from the 8th-12th...

Thanks!
PPE are 6th-9th so we should find out soon...!
Reply 38
Graphix
Thanks!
PPE are 6th-9th so we should find out soon...!

It's weird to think that someone elses interviews will be all done and dusted when your just coming in lol...by the time I arrive in Univ you'll probably have some sort of idea of how you think you've done lol...
Reply 39
Realism
It's weird to think that someone elses interviews will be all done and dusted when your just coming in lol...by the time I arrive in Univ you'll probably have some sort of idea of how you think you've done lol...

If I get one!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending