The Student Room Group

Access to higher education social work

I’m wondering if anyone is doing the Access To Higher Education in Social Work Course?
Original post by Tashamac98
I’m wondering if anyone is doing the Access To Higher Education in Social Work Course?

Hi Tashamac98 - I’m looking to start an Access to HE Diploma in Social Work later this year. I’ll be doing it online, either through LearnDirect or Access Courses Online. Are you currently studying the course or looking to in future?
Reply 2
Original post by Silou1029
Hi Tashamac98 - I’m looking to start an Access to HE Diploma in Social Work later this year. I’ll be doing it online, either through LearnDirect or Access Courses Online. Are you currently studying the course or looking to in future?

Hi I’m currently doing it with learn direct
Hi I’m currently doing it with learn direct

Fantastic - thank you for replying. How are you finding the course? Is it difficult or reasonably doable? Are the materials and the tutor support good? How do you find the assessments? I’ll be working full time as well, so am very concerned about the time commitment.
Reply 4
Fantastic - thank you for replying. How are you finding the course? Is it difficult or reasonably doable? Are the materials and the tutor support good? How do you find the assessments? I’ll be working full time as well, so am very concerned about the time commitment.

I started when I had a 16 month old and a newborn so obviously finding the time myself is hard I just do it whenever I can. I feel like the support could be better though it takes them a few days to even respond to a question it’s just easier me doing it this way than going to college to do it
I started when I had a 16 month old and a newborn so obviously finding the time myself is hard I just do it whenever I can. I feel like the support could be better though it takes them a few days to even respond to a question it’s just easier me doing it this way than going to college to do it

Wow - I thought I was going to have a lot on working full time and doing the course. Yeah, distance / online learning is the only way I can really do it due to wonderful things like bills etc. All the best with your course - are you looking to study social work at university? Where are you looking to study at undergraduate?
Reply 6
Haha yeah well full time working takes up a lot of time too! But yeah real world affects us a lot with bills🙄 I’m in the same boat & yeah!! Wanting to become a social worker I’m only on unit 7 at the moment tho. Hoping to get in to Cumbria university as that is the only one in can go to really what about you?
Haha yeah well full time working takes up a lot of time too! But yeah real world affects us a lot with bills🙄 I’m in the same boat & yeah!! Wanting to become a social worker I’m only on unit 7 at the moment tho. Hoping to get in to Cumbria university as that is the only one in can go to really what about you?

Unit 7 already is pretty good. How long have you been studying it? Yeah - I want to study social work or maybe criminology / probation studies. I’m quite lucky as I live within 25 miles of several universities that offer social work, as I’ll be commuting to / from university. I will probably be looking at Nottingham Trent, Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln and Sheffield Hallam for my application.
Reply 8
Unit 7 already is pretty good. How long have you been studying it? Yeah - I want to study social work or maybe criminology / probation studies. I’m quite lucky as I live within 25 miles of several universities that offer social work, as I’ll be commuting to / from university. I will probably be looking at Nottingham Trent, Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln and Sheffield Hallam for my application.

Not too long just obviously finding the time for it unit 7 is a recording so you have to record yourself to do a presentation so that took time for me to do with having to have complete silence! & that’s really lucky we don’t have many unis around where I’m from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending