I want to find out more about what courses entail Watch

This discussion is closed.
Chardonnay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is it ok to email the unis to find out? All the info I can get is titles of modules, and I want to know more about what these modules entail. Ok to email? :confused:
Crazy Student
Report 14 years ago
Yeh it'll probally be fine to email them however its more than likly that all the infomation you are looking for is either in the uni's prospectus or under the subject section on the uni's website.
thunderstorm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chardonnay)
Is it ok to email the unis to find out? All the info I can get is titles of modules, and I want to know more about what these modules entail. Ok to email? :confused:
yes. i emailed aston and bournemouth about the courses i applied for for help in deciding. aston were helpful and gave the info i needed. bournemouth however replied back (some woman said this) that she was very confused by my email and that i shuld just come to the open day. jeez!
its always worth emailing though! :-)
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crazy Student)
Yeh it'll probally be fine to email them however its more than likly that all the infomation you are looking for is either in the uni's prospectus or under the subject section on the uni's website.
Hmm I've had a good look, but nothing seems to go into any more detail than the module titles.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Hmm I've had a good look, but nothing seems to go into any more detail than the module titles.
Try emailing them.

Lancaster sent me a huge wad of paper detailing all the modules and stuff for the course I applied for without me even asking..

It is worth a try!
Crazy Student
Report 14 years ago
If you ave had a very look look then yeh email them. Going on an open day is also good. OPen days also mean that it you do decide to go there then the admissions tutor some times remembers you and it looks very good.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
If you ave had a very look look then yeh email them. Going on an open day is also good. OPen days also mean that it you do decide to go there then the admissions tutor some times remembers you and it looks very good.
And they often hand out lots of information at open days
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Yeah, I've been on all the open days, but time was limited and they only spent 15 odd minutes talking about the course, saying things like, 'yeah, you do the biosphere, cryosphere' etc, and I want to know more about what that actually involves.
Crazy Student
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, I've been on all the open days, but time was limited and they only spent 15 odd minutes talking about the course, saying things like, 'yeah, you do the biosphere, cryosphere' etc, and I want to know more about what that actually involves.
Well thats wen u need to ask about the course and about the content, it you ask some unis are glad to help and more then likly will give you as much info as possible. If you make it look like you really wana go there they will do as much as possible to persuade you to go. If you have already been to the opens days then email them. As i say most uni's will be glad to help.
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Well thats wen u need to ask about the course and about the content, it you ask some unis are glad to help and more then likly will give you as much info as possible. If you make it look like you really wana go there they will do as much as possible to persuade you to go. If you have already been to the opens days then email them. As i say most uni's will be glad to help.
Okies, thanks
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads