The Student Room Group

A Challenge

Hello all! Haven't posted in here in nearly a full year, so I doubt anyone remembers me :secruity: lol. Anyway, I've got a challenge for you. Now, if you have any scruples about drinking before the legal age, I apologise in advance.

Anyway, the deal is, I usually go to this club every Saturday night but the bouncer there has come to know me and well we don't like each other. The thing is, I'm actually not 18. I'm 17, so this bloke won't let me in unless I bring some proper ID - passport or drivers license. I have this shitty wee fake id thing, but it's crap and he won't accept it.

Has anyone any ideas about possible altering my passport and how you would do it? I know its strictly illegal, but the passport is out of date now anyway so it's not like I'm going to jump the country - it's virtually useless.

Secondly, my birthday is a good date 31-12-87, so I'm born in the right year - 87 to 05 is 18 years, and the fact my birthday is on the last day can confuse - do you think I could fool the bouncer? I mean, he doesn't strike me as the sharpest sword in the armoury.

I've already changed my birth cert, but there's no photographic ID so it worked once and not again. Any other ideas would be appreciated (I know you're a thoughtful bunch), I don't to wait near on a full year to hit the place again - i'm sure you understand. lol.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my mate scanned up his passport edited the date, printed it out and stuck it over the old one with some laminate...works everytime.
Reply 2
you changed your birth certificate just to get into a pub? You sad git.
Hmm i dunno, messing with yer passport is a bad idea, don't you have to send it off when you apply for a new one?

Can't you apply for an NUS card or something similar, proof of age scheme thingy, but just lie?
Reply 4
sublime_envy
you changed your birth certificate just to get into a pub? You sad git.

Nah it's not a pub, that would be sad if I couldn't get into a pub. I do look 18 like, it's just this fella and me have history. It's one of the top clubs in Northern Ireland, some of those Corrie eejits of the telly were over last week - hardly A list, but it's something lol

I thought about the laminate idea, you sure it works?
Reply 5
Absolution
Hmm i dunno, messing with yer passport is a bad idea, don't you have to send it off when you apply for a new one?

Can't you apply for an NUS card or something similar, proof of age scheme thingy, but just lie?

NUS isnt usually accepted... they usually only accept official Photo ID like drivers licence or passport as its a serious criminal offence to alter those - so the see it as being less of a risk accepting those...
For a plain ol' non-exclusive club, a decent scan, edit and print will do the job. They'll only glance at it. Might not work in places with more experienced door staff, though.

I also knew a guy at school who was a total computer geek genius. He managed to "char" certain parts of an old passport, change the details and send off for a new one. He got a new passport - completely valid - with his D.O.B changed by 2 years. I have no idea of the exact details how he did this, but I saw the passport, so I know that he somehow did. Note that this is HIGHLY ILLEGAL, and I don't recommend it at all.
Reply 7
Absolution

Yeah I think you do have to send it off, but you could just say you lost it like, which is totally plausible.
Reply 8
Woodsy
Nah it's not a pub, that would be sad if I couldn't get into a pub. I do look 18 like, it's just this fella and me have history. It's one of the top clubs in Northern Ireland, some of those Corrie eejits of the telly were over last week - hardly A list, but it's something lol

I thought about the laminate idea, you sure it works?

My mate once made a driving licence, laminated it to a top up card and it worked. Just use a high resolution scanner/printer
just purchase a decent fake ID! if you live in a city they are totally easy to get
Mad Vlad
NUS isnt usually accepted... they usually only accept official Photo ID like drivers licence or passport as its a serious criminal offence to alter those - so the see it as being less of a risk accepting those...

Oh right fair do's. I usually use my drivers licence anyway.

But the laminating idea ^ seems pretty sound.
Reply 11
Toy Soldier
For a plain ol' non-exclusive club, a decent scan, edit and print will do the job. They'll only glance at it. Might not work in places with more experienced door staff, though.

I also knew a guy at school who was a total computer geek genius. He managed to "char" certain parts of an old passport, change the details and send off for a new one. He got a new passport - completely valid - with his D.O.B changed by 2 years. I have no idea of the exact details how he did this, but I saw the passport, so I know that he somehow did. Note that this is HIGHLY ILLEGAL, and I don't recommend it at all.

I hear ya, but they've relaised everyone is just scanning, editing and then printing it out. So you can't get in like that anymore, the other way is dodgy alright I must admit - won't fancy getting nabbed at that malarky lol
Reply 12
You could just wait till you're 18... :rolleyes:
Mad Vlad
You could just wait till you're 18... :rolleyes:

Yes, but getting into clubs underage is half the fun of an underage night out. As soon as I turned 18, I started finding clubbing ridiculously boring.
Reply 14
Toy Soldier
Yes, but getting into clubs underage is half the fun of an underage night out. As soon as I turned 18, I started finding clubbing ridiculously boring.

Hmm... I suppose. I never did it... I only started going out about May last year so I'd have already been 18...
Reply 15
if its any good club the bouncers are good and nothing but a passport or driving lisence will get you in

no ****ing round with shitty fake id cards, anyone can make that. also NUS don't even have a date of birth on, so unless you remove the ink with white spirit and print a university address on sticky paper to stick over, its not good for anything. even that is only good for buying, not clubs.

check your PM.
Mad Vlad
Hmm... I suppose. I never did it... I only started going out about May last year so I'd have already been 18...

I started going to the pub regularly when I was 16, and the local cr*ppy clubs soon after :biggrin:. Ahh, warm beer and sticky carpets. I only went clubbing "properly" a few times when I was 17. Funnily enough - the good ol' pub is still the best night out in my opinion. With the exception of house / flat parties. I love house / flat parties.
mik1w
if its any good club the bouncers are good and nothing but a passport or driving lisence will get you in

In University-cities a lot of clubs will let you in on a matriculation ID... but that's because they've seen so many they can spot a fake in milliseconds.
Reply 18
Toy Soldier
I started going to the pub regularly when I was 16, and the local cr*ppy clubs soon after :biggrin:. Ahh, warm beer and sticky carpets. I only went clubbing "properly" a few times when I was 17. Funnily enough - the good ol' pub is still the best night out in my opinion. With the exception of house / flat parties. I love house / flat parties.

Fair comment, you can't beat the old hosue parties, the immense freedom of just being able to do whatever the **** you want - within a limited reason.
Absolution

A friend used to use an NUS card that said she was 19 and went to uni when in fact she was in year 12 to get into clubs...Don't think everywhere will accept them as ID though.

Latest

Trending

Trending