A Challenge Watch

This discussion is closed.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
right so you've been trying to get into this club for awhile, so much so that the doorman knows you. All you have ever been showing him is *****y fake IDs and then suddenly you are going to waltz up with a passport? He is going to see right through you. I've worked in clubs for years. Anyway have you thought that he can turn you away anyway for just not liking the look of you. Even if it is the 'happening' club its very sad that you would change your birth certificate to get into it.
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I guess it depends where you are (and also sex I might add)
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Yes, but getting into clubs underage is half the fun of an underage night out. As soon as I turned 18, I started finding clubbing ridiculously boring.
yeah and sometimes you actually want to go somewhere where there aren't pre pubesent underagers crawling up the walls
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
You could just wait until you are old enough or is that just too sensible?
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
right so you've been trying to get into this club for awhile, so much so that the doorman knows you. All you have ever been showing him is *****y fake IDs and then suddenly you are going to waltz up with a passport? He is going to see right through you. I've worked in clubs for years. Anyway have you thought that he can turn you away anyway for just not liking the look of you. Even if it is the 'happening' club its very sad that you would change your birth certificate to get into it.
why is it sad? I don't get that at all.

if the doorman known him and he turns up with a passport, it would appear obvious he is now 18 when before he wasn't.
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Yes, but getting into clubs underage is half the fun of an underage night out. As soon as I turned 18, I started finding clubbing ridiculously boring.
Once you reached 18 you could turn your attention to attempting to get into over 21's clubs with no ID/fake ID and bring back that clubbing magic
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
why is it sad? I don't get that at all.

if the doorman known him and he turns up with a passport, it would appear obvious he is now 18 when before he wasn't.
why is it sad to alter your birth certificate to get into a club for one night? You're joking right?

so he wasn't 18 before when he was let in and now he is. So if he has go into the club while underage why should the doorman let him in now?
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why is it sad to alter your birth certificate to get into a club for one night? You're joking right?
no. I know lots of ppl that have done it, would you classify staying in at home les sad?

so he wasn't 18 before when he was let in and now he is. So if he has go into the club while underage why should the doorman let him in now?
because the bouncer's aims are to (a) make money for the club and to (b) let only over 18s in. you think he cares enough to hold grudges? they're meeting their two targets, they can't get in trouble and the club makes more money. hell bouncers would let 10 year olds in if it wasn't illegal -they want money
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
no. I know lots of ppl that have done it, would you classify staying in at home les sad?
I just think there are other things underage kids should be doing. The age is 18 for a reason.

(Original post by mik1w)
because the bouncer's aims are to (a) make money for the club and to (b) let only over 18s in. you think he cares enough to hold grudges? they're meeting their two targets, they can't get in trouble and the club makes more money. hell bouncers would let 10 year olds in if it wasn't illegal -they want money

you seem to be assuming that all bouncers are the same.

Does this guy even realise that if a barperson gets caught serving him then they will have a personal £5,000 fine?

and yes I still think it is sad to change your birth certificate for one night in a club. sad and pathetic.
Mr Brightside
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)

Totally fair comment, this bouncer doesn't necessarily dislike me, we've barely spoken bad words to each other. The fact is I don't ever hit him with fake IDs, because it wouldn't work - hence the birthcert, which took me literally 5minutes and got me in on no less than 3 occasions. I don't get the argument over it being sad, it's actually a bit of craic on a Saturday night - may as well try my luck with some birthcert that took 5 min than sit in and watch stars in their eyes, you get me?
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
and yes I still think it is sad to change your birth certificate for one night in a club. sad and pathetic.
I also think it is sad. If you aren't able to get in without ID then you just shouldn't bother.

Suggestion:Why not go to an under 18's night!!
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=sublime_envy]I just think there are other things underage kids should be doing. The age is 18 for a reason.

Listen up, Mr Conservative, i'm 17, not ****ing 12. I'm out to enjoy my youth, and if that means breaking the law by changing my birthcert, which for you is 'sad' then pardon me if I don't have nightmares over it. Get a life will you, what did you at 17, sit and drink tea with the relatives?
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
(Original post by sparklyteacosie)
I also think it is sad. If you aren't able to get in without ID then you just shouldn't bother.

Suggestion:Why not go to an under 18's night!!
I'm 17, i'm unlikely to attend an under 18s night that will be full of 14 and 15 year olds. By the time you hit 16 most people are attempting, successfully or not, to get into the real thing.
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Woodsy]
I just think there are other things underage kids should be doing. The age is 18 for a reason.

Listen up, Mr Conservative, i'm 17, not ****ing 12. I'm out to enjoy my youth, and if that means breaking the law by changing my birthcert, which for you is 'sad' then pardon me if I don't have nightmares over it. Get a life will you, what did you at 17, sit and drink tea with the relatives?
To be fair most 17 year olds do go out and go to bars and clubs but I hardly know any that will go as far as faking ID. Maybe you are just going to the wrong places..
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
I'm 17, i'm unlikely to attend an under 18s night that will be full of 14 and 15 year olds. By the time you hit 16 most people are attempting, successfully or not, to get into the real thing.
Sorry-it was just meant as a joke!!
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
(Original post by mik1w)
I guess it depends where you are (and also sex I might add)
True, girls with no ID get in all the time and they look about 15.
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

you seem to be assuming that all bouncers are the same.

Does this guy even realise that if a barperson gets caught serving him then they will have a personal £5,000 fine?

age 18 is because a MINORITY of kids would just be 15 year old alcoholics, the majority can be sensible with their drinks.

that's why you get any restrictions. there was no national speed limit before some **** went along the M1 at 200 mph and caused a crash. same with alcohol... the intention in the drinking age is mainly to deter the extreme people, so although technically illegal, I don't have any guilt because I know I can be sensible.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Woodsy]

First of all I am not a guy, second of all when I was 17 I didn't really find it that interesting to go out and be the youngest person in a club, nor did I sit at home.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
First of all I am not a guy, second of all when I was 17 I didn't really find it that interesting to go out and be the youngest person in a club, nor did I sit at home.
I wouldn't the youngest, I hardly go out by myself now do I? The norm would be to go out with a crowd of mates, which is what I tend to do.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
- hence the birthcert, which took me literally 5minutes and got me in on no less than 3 occasions.
I've already changed my birth cert, but there's no photographic ID so it worked once and not again.

:rolleyes: really?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1204)
79.58%
Leave (309)
20.42%

Watched Threads