This discussion is closed.
kat_r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bring on being 18, it'll be so much easier!!!!
claire1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
:rolleyes: really?
Haha.

Why not just goto another club, where you can get in? The few times I've been ID'd with my friends at a club, we just went somewhere else, and had a laugh all the same. The night is what you make it!
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
some clubs are better than others.. music and other people matter
one place it was like all +30 and 15 year olds with 70s music. wow that sucked.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
:rolleyes: really?
Let's not argue over semantics please, 'once' was an exaggeration to get people thinking over more 'productive' ways of getting me into this place. Nicely spotted though, give yourself a pat on the back.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
(Original post by kat_r)
Bring on being 18, it'll be so much easier!!!!
Damn right, the blow out will be class as well.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
Let's not argue over semantics please, 'once' was an exaggeration to get people thinking over more 'productive' ways of getting me into this place. Nicely spotted though, give yourself a pat on the back.

an exaggeration otherwise known as a lie?
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
jeez get off his case
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
an exaggeration otherwise known as a lie?
Again an argument over simple semantics, excuse me while I go to confess my sins.
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why not scan passport zoom alter and print
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Again an argument over simple semantics, excuse me while I go to confess my sins.
how exactly is that a semantic?
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
how exactly is that a semantic?
I hope before you called it 'a semantic', suggesting somehow the word 'semantic' is a noun that you consulted a dictionary. To quote the Collins 'the branch of linguistics concerned with the study of meaning, changes in meaning, and the principles that govern the relationship between sentences or words and their meanings' - thus, it is an 'argument over semantics' because we were discussing the difference between an 'exaggeration' and a 'lie'. Clear?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so you feel you have to exaggerate in order to have people offer you constructive advice?
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why even bother going? Is your life really so meaningless that you have to spend it in clubs? :confused: Take up some other hobby till you're 18.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
so you feel you have to exaggerate in order to have people offer you constructive advice?
Possibly, but who cares? I'm sure the people that did offer constructive advice don't really care that I exaggerated - nicely done on the old 'semantics' argument - that was a thorough reply.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AmericanChick)
Why even bother going? Is your life really so meaningless that you have to spend it in clubs? :confused: Take up some other hobby till you're 18.
exactly. I mean how attractive is a group of underage kids in a club anyway?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Possibly, but who cares? I'm sure the people that did offer constructive advice don't really care that I exaggerated - nicely done on the old 'semantics' argument - that was a thorough reply.
I waited for your reply, read it and then went back to the original arguement but thanks for the thought. Not really thorough if you just copy and pasted a definition though is it?
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AmericanChick)
Because it's actually fun to go out with your friends and dance the night away and be a bit loud and out of control if you like that sort of thing. Going to a club once a week hardly indicates whether your life is meaningful or meaningless - it's just an enjoyable pasttime for some people.

The thread starter did acknowledge that not everyone would approve and asked those who wouldn't not to read/comment!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Because it's actually fun to go out with your friends and dance the night away and be a bit loud and out of control if you like that sort of thing. Going to a club once a week hardly indicates whether your life is meaningful or meaningless - it's just an enjoyable pasttime for some people.

The thread starter did acknowledge that not everyone would approve and asked those who wouldn't not to read/comment!
yes but where is the fun in that?
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
exactly. I mean how attractive is a group of underage kids in a club anyway?
A matter of personal choices, I'd be happy if you'd respect mine. American Chick's sig says 'I am a Liberal' - be nice if you could be a liberal and respect the fact I like to go to clubs.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes but where is the fun in that?
You like to squabble, Woodsy likes to go clubbing. Each to their own :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads