I tried the hairdryer...it caught on fire. Watch

This discussion is closed.
footballhead
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
To blow the smoke out of my t-shirt, but my phone rang, and i left it on, and it was smoking big team- is it safe to use the hairdyer cause i put it back in my parents room, or shall i chuck it away?

:rolleyes:
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If there were flames, probably not.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
throw it away. my hairdryer once burst into flames taking some of my hair with it, eeek) and there was no way i'd let that thing near my head again!

lou xxx
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If it was just smoke it probably got over heated, however I thought by law they had to have some kind of thermal safety cut off systems, I would personaly throw it away. PS You should wash your T-SHIRT!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Get rid of it if it actually caught fire/blew up

If it overheated and cut out then it might be ok..

No just throw it away. We don't want any major house fires!!
char10tte
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Lol, I have (had :hmpf: ) two hairdryers - they both broke last week. They both started screaming at me :eek: but then I figured it's cos the filter is blocked :embarasse Anyway, they're still broke till I fix em

I also hate it when you get your hair sucked into the other end, it really hurts!!! :y:
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
if it actually caught fire get rid of it. it should also have a thermal cutout which will stop it overheating and causing any damage.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads