The Student Room Group

Text in UPPERCASE automatically reverts to lowercase in Chat forum

Problem Summary

Problem Details
When I have a post and I type in all in capital it automatically goes back to lowercase.

This is an issue for me when I’m trying to play the exam board hurt/heal game or when typing out chemistry equations.

So if I type/play:

CCEA- 30 (-5)
SQA- 50

It’ll go back to lower case and become:

ccea- 30 (-5)
sqa- 50

For example.

Not that big of a deal but still wanted to know whether this is intentional behaviour and whether it’s supposed to occur for all forums or not.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99083627&postcount=592

Additional Information
I’m not sure whether this happens in Study Help but this could be an issue if this bug occurs in that forum.

I’ve seen people type in mass UPPERCASE in D&CA and it doesn’t revert to lowercase.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Problem Summary

Problem Details
When I have a post and I type in all in capital it automatically goes back to lowercase.

This is an issue for me when I’m trying to play the exam board hurt/heal game or when typing out chemistry equations.

So if I type/play:

CCEA- 30 (-5)
SQA- 50

It’ll go back to lower case and become:

ccea- 30 (-5)
sqa- 50

For example.

Not that big of a deal but still wanted to know whether this is intentional behaviour and whether it’s supposed to occur for all forums or not.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99083627&postcount=592

Additional Information
I’m not sure whether this happens in Study Help but this could be an issue if this bug occurs in that forum.

I’ve seen people type in mass UPPERCASE in D&CA and it doesn’t revert to lowercase.

I believe this occurs in all forums for fully uppercase posts beyond a certain length, including D&CA - if you have any examples to the contrary though, please do share them! :smile:

I'm unsure of the reasoning behind this, as far as I know it's been the case for a very long time though
Reply 2
The same thing happened to me on the exam board hurt/heal game, and I'm on a laptop
Original post by RainbowLapras
I believe this occurs in all forums for fully uppercase posts beyond a certain length, including D&CA - if you have any examples to the contrary though, please do share them! :smile:

I'm unsure of the reasoning behind this, as far as I know it's been the case for a very long time though

I’d have to dig examples from D&CA (if they exist) but I might dig some then
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
I’d have to dig examples from D&CA (if they exist) but I might dig some then

Thanks - if you do happen upon any examples, please raise a new ticket and tag me in! I'll close this one off now as this is intentional behaviour across all forums currently, and we don't currently have any plans to disable it, as it is enabled to avoid misuse of caps locks.
(edited 2 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending