This discussion is closed.
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
How stupid is it to move schools between AS and A level?

Also hows everuyones weekend going so far?
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by historyhoney)
How stupid is it to move schools between AS and A level?

Also hows everuyones weekend going so far?
I'm sorry i thought I posted this im teh secondary school subforumn - sorry!
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe inconvenient due to differing specifications, but not stupid no.
enigmatic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about moving to Eton . (p.s i got a PM off you earlier but it was blank :confused: )
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Depends really on how well you can adjust.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't say it was the most clever of things to do, unless you have good reason
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by enigmatic)
How about moving to Eton . (p.s i got a PM off you earlier but it was blank :confused: )
hmm thats wierd
The Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
convoluted thread
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I wouldn't say it was the most clever of things to do, unless you have good reason
I really dont like my school, I some days I spend more time in school doing my job then lessons (On days with frees) I go to most lessons excet some maths cos i dont understand and never do!!!!!
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Messiah)
convoluted thread
eh? :confused:
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really dont like my school, I some days I spend more time in school doing my job then lessons (On days with frees) I go to most lessons excet some maths cos i dont understand and never do!!!!!
What school are you thinking of moving to? Because you'll have to find one which uses the same exam boards for each of your subjects, which will probably be difficult
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~Sam~)
What school are you thinking of moving to? Because you'll have to find one which uses the same exam boards for each of your subjects, which will probably be difficult
i dont know! You know when you want to get out but dont have a second option, All the school sin my area arn't brilliant - I dont know what to do!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I moved from america to britian and still got 4Bs and an A in my exams. Its not that diffucult
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublime_envy)
I moved from america to britian and still got 4Bs and an A in my exams. Its not that diffucult
haha well done!
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did it and survived
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if you really aren't enjoying your school then thats a reason enough to change. It will have an effect on your exams are general well being. As long as you get the marks, a university won't mind too much. Have you thought about a good boarding school? They offer bursaries sometimes.
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quiksilver)
I did it and survived

If you dont mind me asking y did you do it?
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you dont mind me asking y did you do it?
because i wanted to get decent grades (my previous school sucked)
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublime_envy)
if you really aren't enjoying your school then thats a reason enough to change. It will have an effect on your exams are general well being. As long as you get the marks, a university won't mind too much. Have you thought about a good boarding school? They offer bursaries sometimes.

i have no money as it is so boarding school and private is out of the question! Its a catch 22
Emsy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i have no money as it is so boarding school and private is out of the question! Its a catch 22
I was going to transfer to a better college, the woman who takes care of all the exams etc, said different exam boards do not matter as long as you don't cover the same topic in A2 level and if you will, do a different module.
Sadly, they were all full up and said i could apply for first year and do my AS levels again. I'd rather study harder than retake all the hardwork i've done so far. My college is pretty poor for lessons, the less able trash the study area and vandalise things, teachers are always off ill and most of the people who go there aren't very nice at all. But i go to a quiet room and do work in free periods or each night i sit here with my books, writing my own notes and reading them over and over ... well for a bit anyway, then i'm out at night. hehe

I think if you get your head down, you can do anything. I asked my teacher in the critical thinking lesson if i could have an extra lesson a week because i'm struggling, everyone else laughed and opted me out like a geek (i wish i was), she agreed it was a good idea and then they attended the extra lesson along with me, maybe they were scared to say? My psychology teacher said she'd help me out in the afternoons too. Maybe you could ask of the same?

Let me know what you think,

Ems x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads