Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone verify the claims that 1st teams football at universities get paid.. my friend at Kent claims they do but it seems incredulous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Messiah)
    Can anyone verify the claims that 1st teams football at universities get paid.. my friend at Kent claims they do but it seems incredulous
    errrr.....they didn't at my uni

perhaps if they are semi pro at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    errrr.....they didn't at my uni

perhaps if they are semi pro at the same time
    aight.. cool

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be out of the question. My school choir get paid.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think they would get paid, but hey i'd play for my university football team if i was given the opportunity! I'd play for free as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Messiah)
    I used to go to Kent. I don't remember anyone mentioning that the men's 1st footie team got paid...in fact, I'm pretty sure they would have to pay subscription fees TO the university like all the other sports clubs. I could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    pay to subscribe to the uni? that's insane. most unis give money to their societies, not take it away :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    pay to subscribe to the uni? that's insane. most unis give money to their societies, not take it away :|
    Yeah but most societies still require membership fees, not usually university sports teams i wouldnt have thought though

ReputationRep:
    They dont get paid at my uni. Its a uni team so i would really dought it. The only way i can see people getting paid for being in the uni 1st team is if they were spotted but a team n were offered money that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Not really insane. It's like that at most uni's I've come across. Clubs use membership fees to pay for insurance, referee's fees etc

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people in the first teams of lots of sports at Exeter are on Scolorships, so they get their fees paid and accomodation/food for free......

love Katy***

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.