This discussion is closed.
The Messiah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Can anyone verify the claims that 1st teams football at universities get paid.. my friend at Kent claims they do but it seems incredulous
JackieS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by The Messiah)
Can anyone verify the claims that 1st teams football at universities get paid.. my friend at Kent claims they do but it seems incredulous
errrr.....they didn't at my uni

perhaps if they are semi pro at the same time
The Messiah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by JackieS)
errrr.....they didn't at my uni

perhaps if they are semi pro at the same time
aight.. cool
Hash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wouldn't be out of the question. My school choir get paid.
Aj2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I didn't think they would get paid, but hey i'd play for my university football team if i was given the opportunity! I'd play for free as well.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by The Messiah)
I used to go to Kent. I don't remember anyone mentioning that the men's 1st footie team got paid...in fact, I'm pretty sure they would have to pay subscription fees TO the university like all the other sports clubs. I could be wrong though.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
pay to subscribe to the uni? that's insane. most unis give money to their societies, not take it away :|
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
pay to subscribe to the uni? that's insane. most unis give money to their societies, not take it away :|
Yeah but most societies still require membership fees, not usually university sports teams i wouldnt have thought though
Crazy Student
Report 15 years ago
They dont get paid at my uni. Its a uni team so i would really dought it. The only way i can see people getting paid for being in the uni 1st team is if they were spotted but a team n were offered money that way.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Not really insane. It's like that at most uni's I've come across. Clubs use membership fees to pay for insurance, referee's fees etc
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lots of people in the first teams of lots of sports at Exeter are on Scolorships, so they get their fees paid and accomodation/food for free......

love Katy***
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (217)
38.68%
Take autumn exams (167)
29.77%
Look for a job (19)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.92%
Take a year out (102)
18.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.06%

Watched Threads