This discussion is closed.
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
how many state or private educated students do we have on this forum?
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by JackieS)
how many state or private educated students do we have on this forum?
secondary school.....
Checking for Spies
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm from a state school (non-selective)
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm from a state school.
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im also from a state school, although wish i could go to a private school. It would have been more interesting if you made the poll so we can see who goes to what.
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
I'm from a state school.
i went to a private school

just thought it would be interesting to see, especially as there is always the row about number of private/state school students getting into university
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by john williams)
Im also from a state school, although wish i could go to a private school. It would have been more interesting if you made the poll so we can see who goes to what.
yeah I did think about that! Doh!
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
private

was at state last year
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This has been done a million times before. I go to a state school
Chardonnay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
State school (comprehensive_
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by nas7232)
private

was at state last year
which school do u go to? (just out of interest)
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~Sam~)
This has been done a million times before. I go to a state school

sorry about that but some of us are new to this website and just thought it would be interesting
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
State (comprehensive).
sleepyeba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went to state from nursery until year 9. Then February of that year I left and went to a selective grammar, where I am now.

A bit confused - apparently there's a difference between public/private/independent/grammar...
Carelesswhispers
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
State primary school, selective (but still state and not that great a selective) secondary school so i'm state through and through (tho i did go to a private nursery and all my siblings were private through and through - my parents decided to experiment and see how state schooling was)
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by _mad_moo_)
State primary school, selective (but still state and not that great a selective) secondary school so i'm state through and through (tho i did go to a private nursery and all my siblings were private through and through - my parents decided to experiment and see how state schooling was)
i was at a state primary.....ended up at a private secondary because the state schools weren't all that and the only one I did like I ended up on a waiting list for because there had so many pupils and not enough spaces.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am both. Went to a private school until I got turfed into a shockingly poor inner city comp for sixth form......love it there tho.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sleepyeba)
I went to state from nursery until year 9. Then February of that year I left and went to a selective grammar, where I am now.

A bit confused - apparently there's a difference between public/private/independent/grammar...
I always thought independent and private were the same thing- you have to pay. Public schools you also have to pay, but these are the top, really posh private/independent schools like Eton, Rugby etc. Grammar is state, so it's free, but you have to pass your 11+ to get in, whereas you don't need anything to go to a comprehensive. Hope that's cleared things up a bit.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But (taking examples I know), the Leeds Grammar School is independent, fee paying, selective... this is what confuses me.
And "Leeds Girls' High School (Grammar School Foundation)" is the same. (Though, obiously, all girls not all boys.
Carelesswhispers
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But (taking examples I know), the Leeds Grammar School is independent, fee paying, selective... this is what confuses me.
And "Leeds Girls' High School (Grammar School Foundation)" is the same. (Though, obiously, all girls not all boys.
I know guys who go to a school near me which is called "Sutton Grammar", it is a selective, state school, so i think schools just bung in 'grammar' where ever, it bears no relaltion to what type school it is
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads