The Student Room Group
Reply 1
JackieS
how many state or private educated students do we have on this forum?

secondary school.....
I'm from a state school (non-selective) :smile:
Reply 3
I'm from a state school.
Im also from a state school, although wish i could go to a private school. It would have been more interesting if you made the poll so we can see who goes to what.
Reply 5
trev
I'm from a state school.

i went to a private school :smile:

just thought it would be interesting to see, especially as there is always the row about number of private/state school students getting into university
Reply 6
john williams
Im also from a state school, although wish i could go to a private school. It would have been more interesting if you made the poll so we can see who goes to what.

yeah I did think about that! Doh!
Reply 7
private

was at state last year
Reply 8
This has been done a million times before. I go to a state school
Reply 9
nas7232
private

was at state last year

which school do u go to? (just out of interest)
Reply 10
State school (comprehensive_
Reply 11
~Sam~
This has been done a million times before. I go to a state school

sorry about that but some of us are new to this website and just thought it would be interesting
State (comprehensive).
Reply 13
I went to state from nursery until year 9. Then February of that year I left and went to a selective grammar, where I am now.

A bit confused - apparently there's a difference between public/private/independent/grammar...
State primary school, selective (but still state and not that great a selective) secondary school :smile: so i'm state through and through (tho i did go to a private nursery and all my siblings were private through and through - my parents decided to experiment and see how state schooling was:frown:)
Reply 15
_mad_moo_
State primary school, selective (but still state and not that great a selective) secondary school :smile: so i'm state through and through (tho i did go to a private nursery and all my siblings were private through and through - my parents decided to experiment and see how state schooling was:frown:)

i was at a state primary.....ended up at a private secondary because the state schools weren't all that and the only one I did like I ended up on a waiting list for because there had so many pupils and not enough spaces.
I am both. Went to a private school until I got turfed into a shockingly poor inner city comp for sixth form......love it there tho.
sleepyeba
I went to state from nursery until year 9. Then February of that year I left and went to a selective grammar, where I am now.

A bit confused - apparently there's a difference between public/private/independent/grammar...

I always thought independent and private were the same thing- you have to pay. Public schools you also have to pay, but these are the top, really posh private/independent schools like Eton, Rugby etc. Grammar is state, so it's free, but you have to pass your 11+ to get in, whereas you don't need anything to go to a comprehensive. Hope that's cleared things up a bit.
Reply 18
But (taking examples I know), the Leeds Grammar School is independent, fee paying, selective... this is what confuses me.
And "Leeds Girls' High School (Grammar School Foundation)" is the same. (Though, obiously, all girls not all boys.
But (taking examples I know), the Leeds Grammar School is independent, fee paying, selective... this is what confuses me.
And "Leeds Girls' High School (Grammar School Foundation)" is the same. (Though, obiously, all girls not all boys.

I know guys who go to a school near me which is called "Sutton Grammar", it is a selective, state school, so i think schools just bung in 'grammar' where ever, it bears no relaltion to what type school it is

Latest

Trending

Trending