This discussion is closed.
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi, i'm planning a welcome back party for my boyfriend and his friend when they come back from travelling. The thing is, i don't want it just to be a dinner party, i want some kind of theme. It's for about 8 people. I had two idea's so far Pink and Blue (which is everything will be pink and blue, including drinks. And i will even try my hardest to make the food that colour too.. main course will be hard!) and my other idea was to have a very traditional British meal, with red, white and blue decorations. But do you have any other ideas?
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
pink and blue was good. why not just go with that. at least it's not too complicated
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if you have pink and blue you can play Outkast - Pink and Blue :p:
claire1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladydeborah)
Hi, i'm planning a welcome back party for my boyfriend and his friend when they come back from travelling. The thing is, i don't want it just to be a dinner party, i want some kind of theme. It's for about 8 people. I had two idea's so far Pink and Blue (which is everything will be pink and blue, including drinks. And i will even try my hardest to make the food that colour too.. main course will be hard!) and my other idea was to have a very traditional British meal, with red, white and blue decorations. But do you have any other ideas?
Why not just have an all out PARTY! Invite loads of people, have loads of drink, and loud music. A theme is fab when you're all drunk, so go mad! Make decorations! I love parties!
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
(Original post by claire1987)
Why not just have an all out PARTY! Invite loads of people, have loads of drink, and loud music. A theme is fab when you're all drunk, so go mad! Make decorations! I love parties!
I would, but the marquee is broken and i can't afford another one, and the house isn't big enough for it to be inside. So it has to be a 8-10 people dinner thing.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think both ideas are good. the british one is great, british decorationseg flags, british food eg potatoes, steak, apple pie etc.

but why pink and blue?why those colours? cos psycologically no-oe will eat blue food. better to go for eg red and yellow. or red and green. not brown or black.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what country did he go to? mayb u se that as a theme
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
(Original post by magiccarpet)
what country did he go to? mayb u se that as a theme
Oz, Thiland and China.. too many to put into one party.. too many different foods.

I wouldn't do blue food.. maybe rhubarb starter as there are so many recipes for it this month, really weird. And i could do a pink raspberry dessert. Main would just be anything. The only reason i was thinking pink and blue was when i was in wetherspoons and we were getting pitchers, plus pink is my favourite colour, and blue is his. I have many ideas for traditional British food too, as while i was working i found a Delicious magazine with a British issue.

Thank you
RealityIsDull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
make a cake.....put lots of cochneal food colouring in one half (illuminous pink) and blue in the other!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
have an auzzie themed BBQ
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublime_envy)
have an auzzie themed BBQ
Good idea.. but i would have to get someone else to cook. Last time i put too much lighter fluid in and the flames went up and burnt the tree branches. =|
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wat about ... making the pink and blue theme for the guests...u have to wear pink or blue ... and for your decor and drinks! blue lagoons and pink cosmos! with the food...why not make it like a standing party...more mingling than sitting and have lots of finger foods ... inspired by where he went...
-chicken satays
-sesame prawn toast
-spare ribs
-bbq chicken wings (sorri not good with aussie traditional food)
you know that sorta thing? or have it sitting with like an oriental theme 2 the food ... noodles, rice, spring rolls - usual stuff everyone enjoys...!! deserts could revert back to the theme ... (maybe fresh fruit would go well with the big meal) - and a cake - fd coloured blue and pink!
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Buy about 20 litre-bottles of Vodka... put pink food colouring in 10 and blue food colouring in 10. A PINK AND BLUE P*SS UP!!!
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
they'll have been eating tonnes of foreign food..and might be missing some home comforts.

I'd go with best of british.
...there's good British food?? :confused:
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
(Original post by lessthanthree)
they'll have been eating tonnes of foreign food..and might be missing some home comforts.

I'd go with best of british.
That's why i liked the British idea, but red, white and blue are so dull together! Thank you. Now i just have to find some good british meals.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladydeborah)
I like the pink and blue idea! Then your guests can dress up in either pink or blue clothes, or both! Of course I'd dress up in pink, teehee :p: but it's great that you have the choice of blue for those that don't :elefant:
mishamburg
Report 14 years ago
yeah and hey its the fad for guys in baby pink! well i hope they turn up in the right shade dudette!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads