This discussion is closed.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Well, at our age paedophiles arn't really a problem for most of people our age.
Indeed
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Indeed
If anything we need to be more careful as to who we meet up with, considering people on sites like this range in age considerable and we may end up meeting someone really quite young.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If anything we need to be more careful as to who we meet up with, considering people on sites like this range in age considerable and we may end up meeting someone really quite young.
Yeah. I've always said to people that I've met up with that I won't meet up with them without one of their friends there with them. I don't want to risk being labeled as a paedophile in any situation where my intentions are 100% innocent. I've got nothing to hide so I always encourage safety with the people that I meet up with
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah. I've always said to people that I've met up with that I won't meet up with them without one of their friends there with them. I don't want to risk being labeled as a paedophile in any situation where my intentions are 100% innocent. I've got nothing to hide so I always encourage safety with the people that I meet up with
It helps when the majority of people you are talking to are around the same age as you, such as most of the people on UKL.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It helps when the majority of people you are talking to are around the same age as you, such as most of the people on UKL.
Indeed, rather than sites like faceparty :rolleyes: (which i no longer use) where I know 10 year olds who go on there under the premise that they are 16! :mad:
Ariel4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Indeed, rather than sites like faceparty :rolleyes: (which i no longer use) where I know 10 year olds who go on there under the premise that they are 16! :mad:
thats bad! imagine how the ppl who are talking to them feel when they find out, it must be horrible for them.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the ratemyblahblah.com sites are funny and great to pass time
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ariel4)
thats bad! imagine how the ppl who are talking to them feel when they find out, it must be horrible for them.
It happened to me! :eek: They lied to me for ages and i was on the verge of suggesting a meet up when she told me the truth that she was 10
I blocked her and deleted her. I don't like people messing with my trust. She got in contact with me!
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It happened to me! :eek: They lied to me for ages and i was on the verge of suggesting a meet up when she told me the truth that she was 10
I blocked her and deleted her. I don't like people messing with my trust. She got in contact with me!
lol 10 :eek:

that happend to me when i was 14, the girl was 12 :rolleyes:

never sugjested meeting up with any1 since.
claire1987
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Scandalous! :eek:
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
shows u if a 10 year old can do it a 30 year old man could... so do u wanna take the risk
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A friend of mine (now at MIT, actually), met his ex-girlfriend online. They went out for 36 months.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL!

did you not kinda notice from things she said?
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Poor u! at least she told u. and at least her parents didnt find out!
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
LOL!

did you not kinda notice from things she said?
Surprisingly no! We talked about music and stuff mostly. I didn't want to bore her with school talk. Even a 10 year old can talk in fairly fluent txt spk! :eek:
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Surprisingly no! We talked about music and stuff mostly. I didn't want to bore her with school talk. Even a 10 year old can talk in fairly fluent txt spk! :eek:
i can understand why a old man would pretend to be a young boy, to pick up young girls, but why would a 10 year old pretend to be 16 ?
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ariel4)
Poor u! at least she told u. and at least her parents didnt find out!
I'd hate to think what would have happened had they found out! In a way though, I wish that I could have said something to her parents! They'd obviously got it all wrong about the net - unsupervised access and all that. I would have wanted to alert them to their shortcomings and warn them what could have happened HAD I been a paedophile! :rolleyes: I suppose I'd still have had the police round though... but like I said before... I've got nothing to hide so I'd welcome them if they did ask any questions.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
eww man i feel well sorry for you. i think maybe u should learn another language, gain some speaking confidence then start picking up girls properly!
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
i can understand why a old man would pretend to be a young boy, to pick up young girls, but why would a 10 year old pretend to be 16 ?
Over-sexualised? Been exposed to this sort of thing at a very early age? I was totally dumbstruck when she told me! Maybe it was a dare? :confused: I have no idea... but in any case, my decision was to stay FAR away...
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it's ok if you're responsible about it and meet in a public place. i've done it 2x both ok experiences despite the one guy who looked like a pirate. he was still an interesting guy. (he'd have to be)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads