Remember my case WAR between my parents (now updated!) Watch

This discussion is closed.
HollyBible
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hello
I'm sharing this with you coz I know you my e-friends,

My parents are separated now....blabla blalalala.....ok !
I need an advice from those who are studing law
My mother wants me to lie against my father she tooks him to court .I love my mother and I don't want to hurt my father what can I do!
Do you thing that I have to lie front of the judge to regain the trust of my mother and let my father down ???..you know what it's not a very easy.situation i'm getting confused here ......why parents arer so selfish,,they want me to become a docotor too (damn) how can you study when sheety things like this happens...cheers anyway!!! :hello: :idea: :hello:
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Someones been watching too much eastenders :rolleyes:
Refused
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why don't you just tell your mom that you don't want to lie?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You deliberately lie in court in such a way you risk being sent to jail.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by HollyBible)
I need an advice from those who are studing law.
I'm sorry but i can't see why you need to study law to realise that this is wrong?
Ariel4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
try posting this in the law forum, you might get a better response. if i was you i woudnt lie in court, that is a criminal offence, or it is in criminal law, not sure about civil law.
HollyBible
(Original post by Refused)
Why don't you just tell your mom that you don't want to lie?
After that you wont talk to me for years I don't think she likes me if she wants me to lie
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
I'm sorry but i can't see why you need to study law to realise that this is wrong?
Those who are studying Law who are registered on this site aren't that likely to be browsing this section enough for them to see this thread. Also, it has been noted that those who are at university studying law rarely give any suggestions such as a response for the above.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ariel4)
try posting this in the law forum, you might get a better response. if i was you i woudnt lie in court, that is a criminal offence, or it is in criminal law, not sure about civil law.

What do you think happened to Geoffrey Archer in his civil fraud trial?
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Those who are studying Law who are registered on this site aren't that likely to be browsing this section enough for them to see this thread. Also, it has been noted that those who are at university studying law rarely give any suggestions such as a response for the above.
I wondered why i hadn't seen that many law students posting.

I still don't know why you have to take law to realise that lying in court in the first place is wrong, but doing it against your own father for no reason is terrible. I study sports, and have no morals, yet i can realise this. :eek:
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What do you think happened to Geoffrey Archer in his civil fraud trial?
lol, sorry! (and im supposed to be a law student....*sigh*)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
I still don't know why you have to take law to realise that lying in court in the first place is wrong, but doing it against your own father for no reason is terrible.
It defies the very nature of what justice is supposed to be. Oh well, the bench is many years away for me

If your mother will disown you because you were truthful in court that worked against her, does this not question her state of motherhood?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, sorry! (and im supposed to be a law student....*sigh*)
Now you know.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hollybible, try explaining to your mum that you think she is being unfair asking you to do something like this and asking you to take sides. also ask her if shes aware that it is a criminal offence to lie in court.
HollyBible
hollybible, try explaining to your mum that you think she is being unfair asking you to do something like this and asking you to take sides. also ask her if shes aware that it is a criminal offence to lie in court.
Hello Ariel4 You don't know my mother she is horrible when she is angry
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so lie
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im sure shell come round, youre her child after all. imo i think she is being really unfair to you. i know it must be hard for her, but she shouldnt be taking it out this way. i really think that you should try and make her listen, as well as being really harsh to you, it is to your dad as well.
HollyBible
she got money and she wants mo' money I'm feeling like some merchandise :eek: :eek:
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sorry but if you're really going to lie in court against your own father because she mother gets 'horrible when she's angry' then you're an idiot.

Why not talk to your mum and tell her that:

1) It's illegal.
2) You don't want to because it's wrong.
3) She has enough money anyway and to stop trying to steal from your ol' man.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=HollyBible]she got money and she wants mo' money I'm feeling like some merchandise :eek: :eek:[/QUOTE
awww, this must be really hard for you. you could try saying what you just said in your last post to her? she obvioulsy loves you and may just need time to come round. i guess going through a divorce with someone that you have been with for years must be really for hard, esp if she feels like he has gone behind her back in any way (im not saying he has btw).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.7%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.26%
I don't think they'd understand (11)
20.37%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
35.19%
There's nothing they could do (17)
31.48%

Watched Threads