The Student Room Group
Reply 1
That's a very good PS, what college did you get accepted for at Cam?
Reply 2
Thanks alot! Gonville and Cauis. :dancing:
You really should remove that, especially as you got into Cam.
Reply 4
Why? :confused:
Plagiarism (sp?)
Reply 6
It's been removed. I was only trying to be helpful to prospective studets. Thanks for advice anyway! :biggrin:
You could put it on studential.com, although still I wouldn't recommend it :p:
Reply 8
I don't see what is wrong with putting your PS up...i doubt anyone would copy it, because they would obviously get caught!
It's up to Noel really...
Reply 10
SiAnY
It's up to Noel really...

of course
SiAnY
You could put it on studential.com, although still I wouldn't recommend it :p:

As someone who was helped tremendously by PSs that other people donated, I will definitely be donating mine. It would be hypocritical otherwise, and there's always the chance of plagiarism, but that's a chance I'm willing to take to help others.

Plus, our application system is finished anyway. Who cares about plagiarism? At least it shows other people like your PS and think it's good :p:
True, but I'm embarassed by mine! Silly, I know.
Reply 13
SiAnY
True, but I'm embarassed by mine! Silly, I know.

It can't have been that bad for you to get into Nottingham!
Reply 14
OK, I've had several e-mails asking to see my PS, and as its too long to e-mail, I'm going to repost it to help prospective economists :biggrin:

I wish to apply for a degree in Economics and Finance. I believe the diversity of a combined
degree would enhance my career opportunities of becoming an investment banker. Financial
services and capital markets are, in my opinion, what drive the British economy forward;
something of which I would like to be part of. Investment banking is a high-risk world; this
makes it an exciting prospect to me, as it will be constantly challenging my thought and
reasoning.

I believe the study of economics and finance to provide explanations and predictions, as well
as more universal theories, which underlie the allocation of scarce resources. These
resources are vital to humankind. This makes it important to have a correct understanding of
both economics and finance, so that these resources are used correctly to benefit the
economy. I believe I have several attributes which make me an appropriate candidate for my
chosen degree, including; strong people skills, critical thinking ability and foremost the
capacity for in depth problem solving.

Throughout my school years I have participated in a diverse range of activities. At the
moment I am on the Sixth Form Committee, carrying out the role of chairman; and previously
have been a school prefect. Both these roles have been selected by teachers and fellow
pupils, showing I am considered as a trustworthy student, who is capable of carrying out
important tasks. I have participated in three school productions ranging from the infamous,
"Les Miserables" to the Gilbert and Sullivan, "HMS Pinafore." Since Year seven I have reached
the finals of the school's spoken English competitions; this includes representing my school
on two occasions at national level, where I was chairman. On the later occasion, I received
an award for best chairman. Both spoken English competitions, combined with drama
productions, have improved my teamwork qualities, confidence and communication skills;
qualities I believe would benefit my specific course genre. This summer I was accepted onto
the Sutton Trust summer school, designed to give talented students from non-university
backgrounds an insight into university life.

I engage in an extensive range of social and sporting activities with friends. My main
interest, however, outside of college, is equestrianism. I own my own horse, with which I
regularly compete at the highest level, including international shows. This requires daily
dedication and commitment, characteristics that I also put into my academic studies. I have
been highly placed at national level on a horse, which I trained myself. I am currently
enrolled on a young show judge's training course; as I want to boost my knowledge in my
personal time. Horses take up a great amount of time, and I need an organised attitude, to
ensure all necessary studies are also undertaken. I believe this benefits my personal study
ability. As well as equestrian interests, I enjoy all racquet sports, from table tennis to
badminton, and walking with my family and dogs in the countryside. I shall certainly take
full advantage of all the various social and sporting opportunities which university has to
offer.

In conclusion, I am thoroughly looking forward to my years at university, where I can commit
myself to a subject about which I am passionate. I have demonstrated my academic ability and
look forward to it being strengthened with your help. I want to attend university to receive
a holistic life education, so I can develop as a person over my three years.

Hope it helps everyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending