Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a weird film! Feel free to post opinions.......

(Original post by Ralfskini)
    This is a weird film! Feel free to post opinions.......
    this film is amazing. The idea of the so called 'weird' special effects is because Tarantino wanted to recreate the effects used in the very old martial arts films that were produced in the far east some 25 years ago. You could have told by the plot and order of the film that it was a Tarantino film but the film is absolutely brilliant. Not as good as Pulp Fiction, but its certainly close.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266697/

Its also brilliant the way Tarantino manages to bring Japanese Manga into the film and the violence is second to none!

A definite must see and can't wait till volume 2!

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it is a great film. When I said 'weird' it was not supposed to be a criticism, but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. Is this the film that made two movies out of one because it was initially too long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Is this the film that made two movies out of one because it was initially too long?
    idea copied *cough couch* from another film......

ReputationRep:
    This film is wicked! I really can't wait for Volume 2. When the film finished, I was like WTF! because I was so 'into it' that I forgot that it was only Volume 1! I just loved the anime part because I love anime itself. It's quite crazy as well with all that blood squirting all over the place! Am I the only one who thinks that the idea to wear a yellow suit came from the Bruce Lee film, The Game of Death? Bruce Lee wears that infamous yellow suit towards the end when he is beating the hell out of everybody.

The music isn't the best but it suits the film well enough. At first, I was quite horrified at the guy having his head smashed by the door but as the film went on, I was like 'that was so f***ing wicked man!'. I was expecting a boring film since it was based on the usual storyline of someone gets killed and the main character gets revenge blah blah blah but by separating each part of the film, the film is so much more watchable (if I may use such a word!). This film has made me love my anime even more! And it's so great to see the Samurai sword being used throughout instead of guns for once! And yea...Chiaki Kuriyama is hot...

ReputationRep:
    Is it an 18?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Is it an 18?
    Yep! I'm exactly a month away from 18 but I still got into it easily without being asked anything!

Don't want to spoil things for those who haven't seen it but here's something I would love to see in Volume 2. The daughters of The Bride (Uma Thurman) and the woman who The Bride killed at the beginning gang up against her and get revenge or something? They are both about the same age as well. Anyways, I'm referring Uma Thurman's character as The Bride because in the film, she is known only as that and doesn't have a name.

kill bill was fking magnificent, cant wait for volume 2 I think that will make the whole 2 films as a whole even better.

ReputationRep:
    watched it last saturday and was worth every penny, it was absolutely wicked film. you should go watch it everyone, dont let the name put you off.

it does make you really really get into the film, and then jus a few mins later it finishes... to wait for volume 2!

you know how it is, everybody is into making sequels! thats where the money is at, just like shrek 2 is gona be baaad! cant wait for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Is it an 18?
    definately, with this sort of plot, all them gory killings.. blood sprouitng every where like a fountain! lol you know what tarantino is like.

(Original post by jediknight007)
    Yep! I'm exactly a month away from 18 but I still got into it easily without being asked anything!

Don't want to spoil things for those who haven't seen it but here's something I would love to see in Volume 2. The daughters of The Bride (Uma Thurman) and the woman who The Bride killed at the beginning gang up against her and get revenge or something? They are both about the same age as well. Anyways, I'm referring Uma Thurman's character as The Bride because in the film, she is known only as that and doesn't have a name.
    What!?!? Did the Bride have twins or something? Why would they gang up on their mother? And the daughter of the woman she killed first was only 4. Am a bit confused now cheers.

But yeah, wicked film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    What!?!? Did the Bride have twins or something? Why would they gang up on their mother? And the daughter of the woman she killed first was only 4. Am a bit confused now cheers.

But yeah, wicked film.
    Nah! I didn't mean the Bride has twins!

Let me break it up:
    (I'm gonna refer to their real actress names to avoid confusion!)

First of all, you know Vernita Green, the woman Uma Thurman killed at the beginning? Well, that was 4 years after Uma Thurman was shot at the wedding. Also, the daughter of Vernita Green is also 4.

Now, since Uma Thurman was pregnant when she was shot 4 years ago, if her daughter really is ***** (don't want to spoil it for others!), then by the time Uma Thurman kills Vernita Green at the beginning, her own daughter will also have been 4!

So therefore, both daughters would be about the same age. The daughter who witnessed her mother (Vernita Green) being killed would obviously get revenge since Uma Thurman says something like 'If you still have any hard feelings in the future, then I will be waiting for you...' or something like that anyways. And also, Bill himself might have snatched the unborn baby of Uma Thurman and trained her up to be his own assassin. Then sometime later in Volume 2 or even Volume 3, they would both gang up against Uma Thurman. Lol, hope this makes sense! But if you don't forget it anyways, no chance of it happening anyways.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.