Why dont you negotiate with maskall?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
Why dont you negotiate with maskall? i am sure he would be able to agree to some sort of deal. obviously if you keep blocking his accounts, then he will annoy the forum.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Why dont you negotiate with maskall? i am sure he would be able to agree to some sort of deal. obviously if you keep blocking his accounts, then he will annoy the forum.
There was some sort of a deal made yesterday, but he went back on his words or something? i'm not sure, i wasnt there.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
i was here when there was a deal. expression cut some sort of deal with him, as long as he was nice. i think he was nice for the priod he was on uk-learning, but then edders came along and blocked his account for no apparent reason. i aint saying i like maskal or agree with him, but if you block his account when he ahsnt been spamming or abusive for the period he promised, tehn its only obvious that he will come back and annoy people. maybe he just wants to make freinds. if his account gets deleted that its obvious that he thinks its unfair. i still agree with the policy that if soemone is nice, then they can stay there. a deal is a deal.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
And why should we negotiate with him - we gave him an account on the grounds that he would be reasonable - he became totally unreasonable, and pestered the forum - so the IP (80.0.19.220) he was using as a static was blocked.

From what we have seen so far, his terms would be unreasonable, he'd ask to be part of the mod team or something, (which he's actually been arrogent enough to do) and be allowed to post whatever he wanted without deletion.

As far as I can tell, there has been no remorse shown for his actions, and he doesn't deserve any amount of credit, sympathy, or negotiational time on the part of the forum and its well behaved, constructively contributing members.
Expression
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
i was here when there was a deal. expression cut some sort of deal with him, as long as he was nice. i think he was nice for the priod he was on uk-learning, but then edders came along and blocked his account for no apparent reason. i aint saying i like maskal or agree with him, but if you block his account when he ahsnt been spamming or abusive for the period he promised, tehn its only obvious that he will come back and annoy people. maybe he just wants to make freinds. if his account gets deleted that its obvious that he thinks its unfair. i still agree with the policy that if soemone is nice, then they can stay there. a deal is a deal.
Minor ulteria motive here given that you are Maskall et al, working under a different name, actually using some sense having changed your written style.

I have to go to a lecture now, but I will return later tonight, and don't expect to come back to see my collegues have been faced with anarchy.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
And why should we negotiate with him - we gave him an account on the grounds that he would be reasonable - he became totally unreasonable, and pestered the forum - so the IP (80.0.19.220) he was using as a static was blocked.

From what we have seen so far, his terms would be unreasonable, he'd ask to be part of the mod team or something, (which he's actually been arrogent enough to do) and be allowed to post whatever he wanted without deletion.

As far as I can tell, there has been no remorse shown for his actions, and he doesn't deserve any amount of credit, sympathy, or negotiational time on the part of the forum and its well behaved, constructively contributing members.
Like Moi!
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Minor ulteria motive here given that you are Maskall et al, working under a different name, actually using some sense having changed your written style.
Suspicion confirmed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
i think you should stop lying there expression. i was here when you cut a deal with maskall. you said he could have his maskall_legend! account as long as he was non-abusive, friendly and didnt spam. he did none of that in all honesty, and he was nicer than he has ever been. it was baahl and people like that who refused to accept the "nicer" maskall. the day after, his account was blocked and he had not been offensive, or spammed, or used swear words. clearly, your terms and conditions had been broken. i dont know who did that, but maskall was nice after you negotiated that deal with him. i aint surprised that he was pissed off and came back to annoy, because when a guy like him makes an effort to be nice, it takes up a lot of his effort. its interesting that he is always bad AFTER his account gets blocked i.e.) he comes back out of anger and then creates havoc on the forum. if you stuck to your policy and let him have his account while he was nice, then i am sure he would let us have peace.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I think I can say this without getting into trouble, the mods wont negotiate with ter.............people who make demands. Especially hemephrodites.
elpaw
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I think I can say this without getting into trouble, the mods wont negotiate with ter.............people who make demands. Especially hemephrodites.
it's spelled hermaphrodite
LH
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
I keep telling him that.
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
as far as im concerned, whoever 'maskall' is will never be welcome on this forum ever again, no matter what he posts.
Expression
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
i think you should stop lying there expression. i was here when you cut a deal with maskall. you said he could have his maskall_legend! account as long as he was non-abusive, friendly and didnt spam. he did none of that in all honesty, and he was nicer than he has ever been. it was baahl and people like that who refused to accept the "nicer" maskall. the day after, his account was blocked and he had not been offensive, or spammed, or used swear words. clearly, your terms and conditions had been broken. i dont know who did that, but maskall was nice after you negotiated that deal with him. i aint surprised that he was pissed off and came back to annoy, because when a guy like him makes an effort to be nice, it takes up a lot of his effort. its interesting that he is always bad AFTER his account gets blocked i.e.) he comes back out of anger and then creates havoc on the forum. if you stuck to your policy and let him have his account while he was nice, then i am sure he would let us have peace.
WRONG! Very wrong.

My terms of agreement were that he shuld be a friendly, constructive and reasonable member of the forum - the fact that he then went from being totally abusive, to downright annoying in the sense of the comments he was making in his posts (between the asterixes), and when asked to stop continued despite requests from several of the mod team, and the individual members on that thread at the time.

The thing with the *'s was funny to start with, then annoying, rude, and abusive.

Maskall HAD been warned that the slightest breach of my terms would lead to an upholding of our current policy against him - in short he failed his probation period.

It is no wonder why we suspect you are indeed Maskall et al though, there is little chance of regular users of this board thinking that our treatment of him has been harsh.

And I shall repeat again; even if he thought himself that our treatment of him had been unfair, the damage he regular did to our board as a reaction was uncalled for, and goes some way to explain our shear reluctance to issue any further repreive.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
It's spelled spelt
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Maskall is like a noisy fly that won't die. No matter how many times you squash him, he always comes back to life, noiser than ever.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
So was I, and the deal was broken. There is such a thing as being too nice just to get on ppls nerves and that is exactly what maskall was doing. Also as I recall part of the deal also was that if he got banned again for whatever reason he would just accept it and go away w/ no retaliation.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.54%
Okay (113)
29.12%
A bit lacking (147)
37.89%
Not good at all (91)
23.45%

Watched Threads