The Student Room Group

Posts are named 'discussions' in user profile modals

Problem Summary
Posts are named 'discussions' in user profile modals

Problem Details
It looks like when the names of things appear differently depending on how you access TSR.

Also the term discussions when you hover over someone else profile is misleading and it should really thread comments or posts in my opinion. Discussions implies that you’ve created 44,000 threads for example or that you’ve taken part in 44,000 different discussions.

I’m probably one of if not the most active user on the website but I definitely haven’t taken part in 46,000 discussions let alone created 46,000 threads.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7411831&page=50

Additional Information
Noticed this weeks ago and since the BETA launch of the TSR app but didn’t bother to raise it.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Problem Summary
Inconsistency with regards to the naming of things on TSR and possibly poor naming choices in some cases

Problem Details
It looks like when the names of things appear differently depending on how you access TSR.

Also the term discussions when you hover over someone else profile is misleading and it should really thread comments or posts in my opinion. Discussions implies thats you’ve created 44,000 threads for example or that you’ve taken part in 44,000 different discussions.

I’m probably one of if not the most active user on the website but I definitely haven’t taken part in 46,000 discussions let alone created 46,000 threads.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7411831&page=50 (and beyond)

Additional Information
Noticed this weeks ago and since the BETA launch of the TSR app but didn’t bother to raise it.

Thanks for this one too. The use of Discussions in the popup is wrong and I've put a ticket in for it to be changed.

There may still be inconsistencies between the older pages and the new discussion and home pages because we are still in the process of updating things. If there are inconsistencies on the new pages though then we will address them!

Thanks again.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Thanks for this one too. The use of Discussions in the popup is wrong and I've put a ticket in for it to be changed.

There may still be inconsistencies between the older pages and the new discussion and home pages because we are still in the process of updating things. If there are inconsistencies on the new pages though then we will address them!

Thanks again.

Thanks, there’s most posts about in the thread that I’ve linked
Thanks, there’s most posts about in the thread that I’ve linked

Yes, sorry I just spotted that and was reading through them. I got fixated on the Discussions being wrong!
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Yes, sorry I just spotted that and was reading through them. I got fixated on the Discussions being wrong!

Thanks, I think that discussions is the main one (in terms of poor naming choices), I don’t know about other terms.
Thanks, I think that discussions is the main one (in terms of poor naming choices), I don’t know about other terms.

I'll split the others out into another ticket, they'll likely be addressed separately to the discussions/posts renaming :smile:
@Talkative Toad 'discussions' should have been renamed to 'posts' on the user modal now. Let me know if that's displaying correctly for you, and I'll close this off :beard:
Original post by RainbowLapras
@Talkative Toad 'discussions' should have been renamed to 'posts' on the user modal now. Let me know if that's displaying correctly for you, and I'll close this off :beard:

The name has been changed, thanks