What is Physics Masters like at Oxford? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
What is Physics Masters like at Oxford? please could someone explain. how often do you use computer/pc resources?
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
What is Physics Masters like at Oxford? please could someone explain. how often do you use computer/pc resources?
is this an undergraduate MPhys, or a postgraduate upgrade from a BSc?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
no, i looked on the ucas site, and there is a 4 year undergraduate course, that leads to a masters in physics. its the one that you are doing elpaw.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no, i looked on the ucas site, and there is a 4 year undergraduate course, that leads to a masters in physics. its the one that you are doing elpaw.
Yes, that is the one I am doing. There are computing practicals involved, which in the first term are just how to program in c. Later on there are projects to do in computing, and computing is also involved in your research work in the 4th year of the course.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
this is for physics? when you say program in c......you mean programming like in c++? i didnt know physics also involved all of this! so would you say you use computers a fair bit, or is it not often mate? what sort of stuff do you do on the pc's?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
this is for physics? when you say program in c......you mean programming like in c++? i didnt know physics also involved all of this! so would you say you use computers a fair bit, or is it not often mate? what sort of stuff do you do on the pc's?
c (not c++) is involved in the physics degree, in terms of modelling, analysis, and other stuff to do with physics. Don't worry if you don't know it, most people don't. Thats why there are computing practicals.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise