The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

' He might even organise to meet me gaian, afterall he's coming to my hometown in a fortnight. '

I don't intend to be cruel here so excuse my tone but do you REALLY think this is likely? If you recieved a letter saying that some body fantasises about you, is jealous of your wife, ran away to be with you, wishes they were dead for all the pain its caused them, needs to see a shrink.......

Would you meet up?
Reply 21
grey faerie
mmmm to be honest it sounds like something that might have him reaching for the restraining order... Like other people have said, there is no way he can reply, so sending it seems a bit futile.

*looks down at tshirt* hehe restraining orders... :biggrin:
annabellewalter
' He might even organise to meet me gaian, afterall he's coming to my hometown in a fortnight. '

I don't intend to be cruel here so excuse my tone but do you REALLY think this is likely? If you recieved a letter saying that some body fantasises about you, is jealous of your wife, ran away to be with you, wishes they were dead for all the pain its caused them, needs to see a shrink.......

Would you meet up?

No I wouldnt, but Im not a celebrity. Besides he's met me before.
And do you think that has helped you?
annabellewalter
And do you think that has helped you?

Yes, cos I knew he cared and thats a wonderful feeling.
Although I guess that could have made it worse.
Reply 25
BlueAngel
You're right, as It probably wouldnt solve anything, actually it would make it worse I think if he said he cared. But I would be so happy if he did. He might even organise to meet me gaian, afterall he's coming to my hometown in a fortnight.

Thanks everyone for the lovely replies, I guess those who are always critising me are away or asleep.

lol i think no ones criticising u cause weve just realised its a really serious problem
You'l probably have an imaginary character in your head of who shane is, sure youve seen him and how he acts but thats just how he presents himself to the world, in reality, he's probably lots of traits that you don't like.
Also this imaginary character you have, so many other blokes will be similar too out there! Possibly even singers.

If you got to know him proper, u'd soon realise he's got so many traits u thought were different
horrorboy
lol i think no ones criticising u cause weve just realised its a really serious problem
You'l probably have an imaginary character in your head of who shane is, sure youve seen him and how he acts but thats just how he presents himself to the world, in reality, he's probably lots of traits that you don't like.
Also this imaginary character you have, so many other blokes will be similar too out there! Possibly even singers.

If you got to know him proper, u'd soon realise he's got so many traits u thought were different

Yeah, true. But I wont know this, until I get to know him then. So far I havent met a guy, that has been loyal and nice to me.
I'll second that.
BlueAngel
Yeah, true. But I wont know this, until I get to know him then. So far I havent met a guy, that has been loyal and nice to me.

Chick, neither has Shane tho
Reply 29
Michelle Branch's Desperatly Lyrics:

There's something bout
the way you looked at me
Made me think for a moment
that maybe we were ment to be
Living Lives seperatly,
but it's strange that things change
But Not me wanting you so desperatly

Kinda Fitting here!
Sparkey
Michelle Branch's Desperatly Lyrics:

There's something bout
the way you looked at me
Made me think for a moment
that maybe we were ment to be
Living Lives seperatly,
but it's strange that things change
But Not me wanting you so desperatly

Kinda Fitting here!

exactly!!!
i say sent it exactly how it is, sex and all. he's not going to read it personally, they have people who work for him to do all that. he probably wont see it. but it'll help u to get it out ur system. and i think its good if u dont get over him. it protects u from future hurt from bfs
Dear Stan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy
You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?
Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that
and here's an autograph for your brother,
I wrote it on the Starter cap
I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I musta missed you
Don't think I did that **** intentionally just to diss you
But what's this **** you said about you like to cut your wrists too?
I say that **** just clownin dogg,
c'mon - how ****ed up is you?
You got some issues Stan, I think you need some counseling
to help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some
And what's this **** about us meant to be together?
That type of ****'ll make me not want us to meet each other
I really think you and your girlfriend need each other
or maybe you just need to treat her better
I hope you get to read this letter, I just hope it reaches you in time
before you hurt yourself, I think that you'll be doin just fine
if you relax a little, I'm glad I inspire you but Stan
why are you so mad? Try to understand, that I do want you as a fan
I just don't want you to do some crazy ****
I seen this one **** on the news a couple weeks ago that made me sick
magiccarpet
i say sent it exactly how it is, sex and all. he's not going to read it personally, they have people who work for him to do all that. he probably wont see it. but it'll help u to get it out ur system. and i think its good if u dont get over him. it protects u from future hurt from bfs

how would it help her by sending it? It would only hurt her more.
Reply 34
BlueAngel

trust me there are loads of guys out there loyal and nice! Many popstars are lovely in front of fans and so they should after all the support they are recieving. Its very unlikely your gonna get to know him u need to accept it properly then your obsession should fade. Concentrate on other bands/artists you like believe it or not there are just as talented/ more talented, people than that westlife man
'that westlife man' sorry blue angel but LOL!
You can see psychiatrists on the NHS and it shouldn't stop you being a psychologist
I'm one of your 'critics' normally, you and everyone knows that and I'm not going to try and deny it, but seriously, I'm going to be civil here.

I don't think that sending a letter that personal, that intense and that involved will do a lot for either you OR him. Put yourself into his situation for a moment. For a start, he must receive *thousands* of letters a day from fans - he simply does not have that *time* to reply or even look at all of them. What will make your envelope different? He may not even look at it, just put it into the pile 'to reply to... eventually'. What will that acheive for you? knowing that you've exposed all of your feelings to him and have him not even read it? is it worth it? You'll forever be thinking 'what happened to that letter?' - it'll become something else you're obsessive about.

Then there's the flipside. Say he does get your letter and read it. What will he think? If, like you believe, he's a lovely nice friendly caring guy - what will he think of himself for making you feel this way? Again, what do you think will happen? he'll drop everything, whatever he's working on with Westlife at the moment, to come and see you? I'm sorry, but that just will not happen and if it *does* (covering every possibility here) - wont that make it worse for you? Seeing him face to face whilst he knows exactly what he does to you will make it arkward (sp?) and weird wont it? if he hugs you to make you feel better, it'll leave you wanting more and wont get you anywhere, will it?

Seriously, think about keeping the letter to yourself. It's good that you've let all your feelings out onto paper. How about taking the letter to a therapist or something - then they will be able to help you get over this so that you can move on. Have you tried every form of therapy? what about hypnosis or something like that? If this Shane thing is wrecking your life, you have to let go of it.

*breathes*.
Reply 38
This shane guy isn't some adonis or woteva, he farts and s**** like the rest of us. Without wanting to sound too cynical, he probably was nice to you because you're a fan... and a band like Westlife relies on the income from its fanbase. They have an image to uphold, to pull in the cash for the record label and so on. What good will sending the letter do? Do you, in your heart of hearts, belive that it will make the slightest bit difference. Its never going to happen; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can get on with your life.
Reply 39
I think it's nice, but maybe you should go for more of a suicide note feel?

Latest

Trending

Trending