This discussion is closed.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4240579.stm

He said: "People can die from a broken heart.

He said in modern day terms the symptoms can include mania, such as an elevated mood and inflated self-esteem, or depression, revealing itself as tearfulness and insomnia.

Aspects of obsessive compulsive disorder can also be found in those experiencing lovesickness, such as preoccupation and obsessively checking for text messages and e-mails.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~*~Hannah~*~)
i'm a big westlife fan too, and i can totally understand what ur feeling actually. i used to be majorly obsessed about mark- probably not to the extent u are about shane, but westlife were my life (which caused major problems with my boyfriend!) but they were for about 3 yrs- i spent every night on the boards and on msn talking about them and the end of the tour each yr i felt so unhappy i'd be crying for hours cos i'd spent so many nights at the concerts and so many nights talking about them! its unbelievably difficult to break out of that cycle especially when u've turned to westlife to try and get u over everything else in ur life that u hate, because they give u a sense of security- mostly because u've made them out to be what u want them to be. eveytime ive met mark he's been nothing but lovely but he won't be that perfect in his real life- he's only human, just like shane is. but if u really do want to get over shane and have a relationship without him as a third person then u can do it- not over night admittedly, but small steps in breaking the routine will get u there- look at the new albums coming out as something to look forward to and the tours as well, but thats only 2 times in the yr- the rest of the yr needs to be about u. there is gonna be a point when westlife will split and to try and forget shane after thats happened is gonna be ten times harder than while their still around. good luck :-)

hannah x

wow another westlife fan I feel sorry for Mark, dont you? When I met him 2 years ago, he didnt talk much. Thanks for the advice, I have a feeling westlife will split up this year because of Shanes baby.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry if I'm being insensitive, but why Westlife? They're ****. :confused:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
I've sent the letter, without deleting anything. I thought it was the best thing. I will ring up Royal mail after a few days and get a copy of the signiture of the person who signed the letter when delivered. It will be either his sister, wife or mum.

Saba xxx
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by lessthanthree)
and when will you cease to think about him?
I am, right now. Honestly Im doing well, I havent mentioned him for ages.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
I've sent the letter, without deleting anything. I thought it was the best thing. I will ring up Royal mail after a few days and get a copy of the signiture of the person who signed the letter when delivered. It will be either his sister, wife or mum.

Saba xxx
Can you actually do that (obtain the copy of the signature)?! And why would you want to?! I'd have thought it was a bit freaky and stalkerish!
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eeyore)
Can you actually do that (obtain the copy of the signature)?! And why would you want to?! I'd have thought it was a bit freaky and stalkerish!
yeah you can, its proof of delivery. Costs £2.20. Its not stalkerish, but then again I dont mind.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Here

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...mediaId=500201
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
;_; why do people ask for advice then go the polar opposite way ;_;
I was asking for advice and some people told me to send the letter, so I am. I am forgetting about him and I had my first therapy session on Monday.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
OoO, how did it go?

[9:40 ratio, yes to no..kindof says a BIG FAT no ;_;]
lol, yeh but my close mates insisted I should.

It went ok, I felt so weird sitting there talking to him, he was nice and friendly and gave me a cuddle, aww. He says I should see him more, cos I need to and I felt like I was a psycho or summit. Also he said by not talking about him, wont make no difference. Cos its the feelings and thoughts I need to get rid off and he said whenever I thought of Shane, punish myself a little, like slap your cheek, etc... I'm seeing him again ina fortnight.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, yeh but my close mates insisted I should.

It went ok, I felt so weird sitting there talking to him, he was nice and friendly and gave me a cuddle, aww. He says I should see him more, cos I need to and I felt like I was a psycho or summit. Also he said by not talking about him, wont make no difference. Cos its the feelings and thoughts I need to get rid off and he said whenever I thought of Shane, punish myself a little, like slap your cheek, etc... I'm seeing him again ina fortnight.
Awww, that's good. Are they allowed to cuddle you?!
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eeyore)
Awww, that's good. Are they allowed to cuddle you?!
I dont know. But he did, when I was crying.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Saba xxx
<sighs> so, the point of asking people's advice was....?
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by red665)
<sighs> so, the point of asking people's advice was....?
read the rest of the thread, my close mates pushed me into sending it, btw i did listen to all ur advice, but i listened to my therapist instead.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can't one of the mods find some reason to lock this thread .
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
read the rest of the thread, my close mates pushed me into sending it, btw i did listen to all ur advice, but i listened to my therapist instead.
Aaah, whatever. I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Can only say I hope you actually get something out of this, whether it's closure or Shane leaving his wife and unborn kid for you, whatever you hope to get.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by red665)
Aaah, whatever. I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Can only say I hope you actually get something out of this, whether it's closure or Shane leaving his wife and unborn kid for you, whatever you hope to get.
Thanks for your support.
mudblood13
Report 14 years ago
The biggest thing this is affecting and still today is my relationships. You are constantly in my mind and heart and my boyfriends never were, especially during sex, I’m sorry to say but whenever I got intimate with them, I thought of you which made me come twice as fast and made it a more pleasurable experience. Sorry about that, I deserve a slap.

sicknasty!!!!!!!!!!
mudblood13
Report 14 years ago
1:no offence

2: yea right
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wonder if Shane will reply.

I wrote a letter to one of my favourite actors (Samuel West) once - not cos I was in love with him or anything, just a friendly thing. He wrote such a sweet letter back!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads