This discussion is closed.
PinkPigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi, sorry for yet another one of these sort of posts, I was just wondering- has anyone taken the pill without the week break, like just started on the next packet to stop the period in between? I'm on microgynon 30- was wondering if it had any side effects to do it once? :confused:
Thanks!
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
muxh easier being male
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have taken 6 without a break as I can't really have periods. They are way to painful for me and I usually end up in A&E if I have one. So yeah, you'll be fine.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I told the doctor I did this and he had a spazfit and started wailing about bone density. Do you take calcium supplements?
no I don't actually, but then my doctor told me I had to have a hystorectomy. (sp) I do it all the time and I'm ok. :confused:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
Well, I don't suppose you'd know if you bone density was low until it was too late.

Hmm.

I wonder if my doc is scaremongering. either way, I fully intend to skip periods because they're so painful. I think I'm getting an implant anyway. (:

thanks anyway.

I know how you feel. second opinion? I may be going for one soon.
marychrist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RoisinHan)
Hi, sorry for yet another one of these sort of posts, I was just wondering- has anyone taken the pill without the week break, like just started on the next packet to stop the period in between? I'm on microgynon 30- was wondering if it had any side effects to do it once? :confused:
Thanks!
I've done it lots though it has confused my periods from time to time and I've had a period when I'm not supposed to and so on.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RoisinHan)
Thanks!
rosie i've been on microgynon30 for 6 years now.
ive skipped the month break quite a few timesafter discussing this with my doc.
all that happens is u might feel a bit nauseous/crampy the first day but after that its fine and u just dont have a period that month. great during exams,holidays etc. however BE WARNED!!!!!!!!! the peroiod u have the 2nd month will be a mammoth heavy one and cramp alot get spots and huuuurrrtt also if u r like me. and even trying to skip it out doesnt work cos u'll still have one.

its totally safe to do but dont make a habit of it
PinkPigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks for all your help, i'll give it a go and see how it affects me!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.05%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.49%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.18%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
39.02%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.27%

Watched Threads