Let's all laugh at the Tories!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
Where did I say I didn't?
you didnt say either way. just pointing out that tories dont deserve to be stereotyped as spineless money-grubbers
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
I can't see the Tories image changing for a long time. And the 'Tory' people here completely fit the seemingly unrealistic stereotype.

Even though my political beliefs pretty much correlate with conservative viewpoint, I don't go around saying 'I'm a Tory' because of the negative stigma it carries, and will continue to carry for the next decade at least.
by here you mean at Oxford or on the forum...?
you latter point, i can understand, but you would still vote conservative though right?
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
the majority of this country oppose the ban on hunting..the tories are against.
Although I'm sure you have your sources, I am incredibly sceptical about the actual truth of this statement.
the majority of this country is against the euro..the tories are against.
Granted, but the majority is far from large
the majority of this country wants to scrap tuition fees and end admission targets...the tories support that

those are some key tory policies. are they not reflecting society?
...and introduce a graduate equity tax? I'd rather have tuition fees.
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
:confused: that was a policy labour was considering. conservative policy is to have uni genuinely free.
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Although I'm sure you have your sources, I am incredibly sceptical about the actual truth of this statement.

Granted, but the majority is far from large

all are very open debates, and have majorities although slight as i say, but that is a far cry from the idea that Tory policies are supposedly out of touch with the people.
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by edders)
:conservative policy is to have uni genuinely free.
Er.... no.
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
2. I was just thinking about this when writing the last post... I don't know. To avoid the question I'm one of these "one vote won't make a difference so I won't bother" kind of people.

*awaits "But if everyone said that..." standard response :rolleyes: *
if you genuinely dont agree with the conservative policies then dont vote for them. if no party fits your line of thinking then you shouldnt vote. but not voting because there is an image stigma attached? thats just plain wrong...
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
No, not voting because I don't think my one vote will make much difference when the majority's always a few hundred for parliamentary elections (bar that time when it was down to 3 votes...)
so you're just too lazy to vote?
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
No, not voting because I don't think my one vote will make much difference when the majority's always a few hundred for parliamentary elections (bar that time when it was down to 3 votes...)
but there is no reason for or against not voting there..it just boils down to an excuse because your too lazy. i vote because i want to or dont want to support a set of policies.
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I would consider not voting (or invalidating my vote) because I feel none of the parties can support my views/needs.
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I would consider not voting (or invalidating my vote) because I feel none of the parties can support my views/needs.
as i said, thats understandable.
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
i look forward to voting conservative in every single election (local, europe, general) for the rest of my life.
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
i look forward to voting conservative in every single election (local, europe, general) for the rest of my life.
im hoping for a mild nationalist party to come along. much like the UDC in Switzerland.
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
How narrow.
pkonline
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
im hoping for a mild nationalist party to come along. much like the UDC in Switzerland.
Why don't you vote BNP. They're quite nationalist.
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I'm hoping for a mild communist party to come along.
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Why don't you vote BNP. They're quite nationalist.
not at all. the UDC are a legitimately strong and experienced political party, this cant be said for the BNP who are a nasty set of racists.
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I'm hoping for a mild communist party to come along.
communist in the true sense....?
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
communist in the true sense....?
I want every person to earn exactly the same amount of money (to the penny).
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
@ PKonline

Glorious Villa 1 - 0 Dirty Foxes

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.82%
Okay (98)
29.17%
A bit lacking (122)
36.31%
Not good at all (83)
24.7%

Watched Threads