Let's all laugh at the Tories!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Policies such as ...
Criminal Justice reforms
Blunketts ID card proposals that Blair will go for
Recognition of crackdown on mass immigration
3-strikes and your out policy for offenders
Tougher penal sentences.
Ban on handguns
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
Policies such as ...
Lol- the Tories are crazy, old and in a mess (even if they don't want to admit it)

Make way for the Lib Dems!! Wooohoo!!!
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Lol- the Tories are crazy, old and in a mess (even if they don't want to admit it)

Make way for the Lib Dems!! Wooohoo!!!
no, no and no.

next..
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
"for the rest of my life"?

No matter what? This sort of statement could trip you up in future, and for an Oxbridge wannabe it shows a distinct absence of consideration. As for "look forward"!! Look forward to Christmas by all means - voting really isn't that thrilling.
dont accuse me of being unthinking. ive followed politics closely for several years and im sure the tories are going to be my life-long party (that is unless they undergo a horrible 'new labour' style change). and yes i do look forward to voting (actually more than xmas come to think of it)
nikk
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
Criminal Justice reforms
Blunketts ID card proposals that Blair will go for
Recognition of crackdown on mass immigration
3-strikes and your out policy for offenders
Tougher penal sentences.
Ban on handguns
Yes they may be conservative ideas but what does that matter? The fact is, labour ARE in power and ARE carrying these out. Therefore, this in itself provides no reason to vote conservative over labour which kinda makes this whole 'whose policy is it' arguement pointless.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
no, no and no.

next..
Thats so like a conservative to be defensive when the truth is so obvious
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by edders)
dont accuse me of being unthinking. ive followed politics closely for several years and im sure the tories are going to be my life-long party (that is unless they undergo a horrible 'new labour' style change). and yes i do look forward to voting (actually more than xmas come to think of it)
I just find your level of passion towards the Conservatives to be quite disturbing. I am strongly against an intrinsic allegiance to any party. It goes against objectivity.
whistle
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
By saying you're "sure" that the Conservatives will be your lifelong party you are being, as you put it, "unthinking". Indeed, you undermine yourself in the same sentence by conceding that parties can "change".
nikk
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I just find your level of passion towards the Conservatives to be quite disturbing. I am strongly against an intrinsic allegiance to any party. It goes against objectivity.
I refer back to the lemming statement as in blindly following that party without consideration of alternatives.
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
you're wrong to think you lose objectivity by joining a political party. there are many ***** (insert disparaging adjective here) members of the tory party and i do cringe a bit hearing some of the things they say. but broadly speaking i support the party, not out of dogma but because it best represents my views.

and my level of passion for the tories isnt disturbing if you consider i want to be a tory MP one day
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
you're wrong to think you lose objectivity by joining a political party.
Sorry, but I'm right. Whether you realise it or not this happens.
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Sorry, but I'm right. Whether you realise it or not this happens.
what makes you so sure? you're wrong you dont need to talk down to me like im some ignoramus just because im a tory supporter.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
just because im a tory supporter.
I thought you were a Labour supporter?
nikk
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
what makes you so sure? you're wrong you dont need to talk down to me like im some ignoramus just because im a tory supporter.
you dont need to use posh words to try and impress us because it definately hasn't worked with me.
Bigcnee
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Not at all. I'm refreshed that some young people are taking an avid interest in politics. However, I dont agree with the way you are going about it. i.e. devoting yourself to a party at such a young age.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I don't think it's because you're a tory supporter; it's because your too rigid in your thinking - not a good quality for an MP.
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
you dont need to use posh words to try and impress us because it definately hasn't worked with me.
lol at 'posh words'. im not trying to impress you, 'posh words' come easily to me
not1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Not at all. I'm refreshed that some young people are taking an avid interest in politics. However, I dont agree with the way you are going about it. i.e. devoting yourself to a party at such a young age.
dont talk to me like im a child. im the age as you matey. and i think ive got the mental faculties to judge which party i want to join (the voting age is 18 after all)
Vienna
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Thats so like a conservative to be defensive when the truth is so obvious
are they crazy...bearing in mind the number of very well respected and able politicians in their ranks.. its not even worth asking.

are they old....eh?

are they a mess?...there are factions, there was a split over IDS, in-fighting is present, is the party a mess? no
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
lol at 'posh words'. im not trying to impress you, 'posh words' come easily to me
There is nothing like good old fashioned Tory arrogance
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.56%
Okay (113)
29.2%
A bit lacking (146)
37.73%
Not good at all (91)
23.51%

Watched Threads